Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay so, I was working today as normal and everything was cool. I started my job 8 days ago and today they set me up my desk and stuff at last and then my boss told me what to do on Monday if he was late, adding in "thanks for working so hard".

Now I work for an agency, so whilst I work with him, I'm not technically employed by him. As it was Friday, I went down to the agency to hand in my time slip and the "agency man" (for a lack of a better work) told me that this would be my last time slip as they don't want me at my job any more, offering to find me other work.

Now, WTF? Why would my boss, who is the guy that speaks to the agency, set me up a desk and tell me what to do on Monday if he was getting rid of me? This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to me. He had never expressed any issues, always praised me, I was always there on time, what's going on? I spoke to the guy at the agency and he said he wasn't sure why he didn't want me; he didn't have any issues with me. He just didn't want me. Why would he not at least tell me so I could say goodbye to everyone? I don't have a problem with him not needing me any more really, but this is harsh

Anyway, any opinions on what I should do? Turn up on Monday and pretend I didn't know? I feel like I should contact my now ex-boss and ask him WTF is going on but, as he didn't tell me, it feels like he doesn't even want to speak to me

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.