Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    He broke up with me a month ago.. In this time we haven't contacted, I've tried my best not to so I don't appear desperate, etc... However, I thought I'd be feeling better after a month, or at least start to, but I don't.

I miss him so much. In this month I've realised the mistakes we made and I know how we can fix them, but I know I can only tell him these things if he got in contact with me and wanted me back.
    I thought if I didn't contact him it would make him miss me, but he hasn't contacted me at all.

What do you think I should do? I want to tell him what I think and how I think we can try and make it work. But how can I do that if we don't even talk and if he hasn't even told me he wants me back.
    How can I get him back? How can I go about it without seeming desperate and without chasing after him?
    (I bet your all gonna tell me it's impossible)

ReputationRep:
    Its not impossible, but don't do it.

ReputationRep:
    ^ yes, dont do it.

he hasnt contacted you for a reason. he doesnt want you. sorry. time to move on...

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Talk to him, say how you feel and regardless of his response you'll probably be better off knowing if there's something left or if it's totally dead.
    The last thing you should be worrying about is looking desperate - just get the answers you need even though you may not like them.

ReputationRep:
    If i was you i'd move on, try to get over him, less hurt that way!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katyness)
    ^ yes, dont do it.

he hasnt contacted you for a reason. he doesnt want you. sorry. time to move on...

:hugs:

I think he may not have contacted me because I deleted him off facebook, msn, etc. deleted his number... so he may think i don't want to be contacted. he always said he wanted us to keep a good relationship if we ever did split up...
    ( I did that because when he ended it for a few days, I kept calling him crying trying to convince him to change his mind, and he got annoyed and said leave me alone- so I said fine I will and removed him of everything and haven't got in contact for 3 weeks)

ReputationRep:
    True, it's not impossible, but don't bother - showing dependance isn't attractive and not a good way to go about it anyway.. go out and have fun, see your friends, meet new people.. i thought i'd never feel better after a breakup a couple months ago, but coming out of it's really helped me get alot more confidence than I had before

ReputationRep:
    You have two viable options:

1. Move on, and get him out of your life.
    2. Move on, but try to remain friends.

The first one is the 'easier' of the two, since not seeing him will make it all easier. The second option is more difficult, but, if you work at it, you can potentially have a lasting friendship...

I spent 8 months feeling like crap after a break-up in November, but I haven't seen or had much contact with my ex since mid-July, and even though I'd love to wait around for her...I feel like maybe I should just move on and find someone else...Option 2 didn't work as well as I'd liked, so Option 1 is slowly coming into effect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatatonicStupor)
    You have two viable options:

1. Move on, and get him out of your life.
    2. Move on, but try to remain friends.

The first one is the 'easier' of the two, since not seeing him will make it all easier. The second option is more difficult, but, if you work at it, you can potentially have a lasting friendship...

I spent 8 months feeling like crap after a break-up in November, but I haven't seen or had much contact with my ex since mid-July, and even though I'd love to wait around for her...I feel like maybe I should just move on and find someone else...Option 2 didn't work as well as I'd liked, so Option 1 is slowly coming into effect.
    Same with me with my ex when we broke up in April. However, it was like a delay effect
    I was too busy concentrating on exams to care about her then after exams it all hit me.
    I'm slowly forgetting her now, so it's all good

(Original post by Flow87)
    He broke up with me a month ago.. In this time we haven't contacted, I've tried my best not to so I don't appear desperate, etc... However, I thought I'd be feeling better after a month, or at least start to, but I don't.

I miss him so much. In this month I've realised the mistakes we made and I know how we can fix them, but I know I can only tell him these things if he got in contact with me and wanted me back.
    I thought if I didn't contact him it would make him miss me, but he hasn't contacted me at all.

What do you think I should do? I want to tell him what I think and how I think we can try and make it work. But how can I do that if we don't even talk and if he hasn't even told me he wants me back.
    How can I get him back? How can I go about it without seeming desperate and without chasing after him?
    (I bet your all gonna tell me it's impossible)
    Its alsways so tempting to go back. But so much better for you to not.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 1, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.