Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I got an A in GCSE Science (Both of them) and ended up with a B in AS Physics. I got an A on Unit 2 but only a C on Unit 1, mainly because its so abstract, but also because the exam was on the same day as Maths Core 2, and been as I can't multitask, I didn't achieve my potential in either.
    Doing Maths certainly helps a lot, and I think everyone but about 3 or 4 people did Maths as well as Physics in my class, but those who didn't do it only got Ds, Es and Us. Not sure what that says about it though as others who did do Maths still got some crap grades as well

(Original post by marmotlord)
    at my school there's a lot of talk about continuing physics after gcse. My main query is whether physics becomes highly theoretical and it's neccesary to take maths as well. would anyone be able to verify this?
    Hey dude,

I totally reccomend you go for it! and yes, like they say physics IS mathematics. physicits are always high calibre mathmeticians, trust me this is what I chose. so i understand ive been through it all before, now im trying to pass my old books over to someone who is in need of decent study books to get them through, if your intrested check them out below dude. and of course take physics AND maths. confirmed!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...STRK:MESELX:IT :yes:
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.