Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What did other people do?

What

ReputationRep:
    I put my ASs as separate qualifications with the grades, and put the A2 level separate as "pending".
    filled in the module grades i've taken for both listings.

so, what you've done, basically, but with separate AS listings.

ReputationRep:
    If your AS levels were certificated, you list them separately. If not, you don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BJack)
    If your AS levels were certificated, you list them separately. If not, you don't.
    What do you mean by 'certificated'?

They were on paper listing the grades and modular marks(maybe statement of results?)....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sovr'gnChancellor£)
    What do you mean by 'certificated'?

They were on paper listing the grades and modular marks(maybe statement of results?)....
    No, a statement of results is not a certificate. If you don't know whether your results have been certificated, ask at school on Monday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BJack)
    No, a statement of results is not a certificate. If you don't know whether your results have been certificated, ask at school on Monday.
    Nice one - thank you very much.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, so I should put my AS separate as well?

(BTW - I am also applying for Law in the same top three universities of yours lol! )
    :awesome:
    which college are you applying to at cambridge? and what are your other 2 choices (assuming you have others)?

also, you don't need to have your ASs certificated to put them on your UCAS, its just that if they're certificated, you have to.
    no harm in sticking them on if you're putting your module grades in anyway.
    if you had overall grades on your results statement as well as module grades, i think that means they were certificated.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, cool thanks.

Lol, why would I not have other choices? St John's at Cambridge and LSE, UCL, Nottingham, Warwick.....

And yourself?
    there's a chance... I don't :p: only applying for UCL, LSE & cambridge (magdalene). No backup choices, kinda want a gap year, so if i don't get in I get one and can reapply... it's win win

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    also, you don't need to have your ASs certificated to put them on your UCAS, its just that if they're certificated, you have to.
    If you're not going to end up with a certificated AS level qualification, why would you list it on your UCAS form. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BJack)
    If you're not going to end up with a certificated AS level qualification, why would you list it on your UCAS form. :confused:
    A candidate who achieved very high marks at AS but whose results weren't certificated might do well to make sure their AS results were known to their universities. They can get their referee to do so, for instance. An AS that isn't certificated at the end of year 12 could still be certificated at the end of year 13, so the candidate ends up with both an AS and an A level.

You can tell if your AS has been certificated by looking at the provisional statement of results. If an overall grade has been given it means the qualification has been certificated and must be declared as such on the UCAS application. Certification has nothing whatever to do with receiving a physical certificate.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, only 3 choices??

My 'back-ups' are kind of Nottingham and Warwick - but mostly high-flying choices .

Where would you reapply to? Same ones?

If things do not work out for me (even though I am optimistic and quite certain that they will), I have many plans for a gap year.
    :yep: same courses if i apply after gap year, plus probably kings college and either nottingham or maybe a proper backup :p:

here's my gap year plan.
    http://www.raleighinternational.org/countries/borneo
    :yep:

so, what are your 'many plans'? :p:

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.