Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Im finding my course sooo hard and its making me feel so stressed and down with life

ReputationRep:
    Ive been at Uni for just over a month, and I havent made any friends at all. Most of my time is spent doing the never ending project work, or seeing going home to see my family and girlfriend.

ReputationRep:
    I anyone finding in any better now its been a while since it started......??

I know i dont... i dont want to give up but is theres no point when you dont enjoy it is there?

what a waste of time and effort im stuck as what to do.

ReputationRep:
    I have a very extreme hate/love relationship with my uni. I suppose it is normal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessroyl)
    I anyone finding in any better now its been a while since it started......??

I know i dont... i dont want to give up but is theres no point when you dont enjoy it is there?

what a waste of time and effort im stuck as what to do.
    It's gotten better with me. Not perfecct, there's some things I'd really rather change, but a helluva lot better. I'd advise you to isolate what it is that's getting you down and make a plan to remedy it. Just because one thing is going badly it doesn't mean you should throw the towel in or think like that; it's probably just one or two aspects of Uni that're getting you down, and if you resolve them, you may find the whole thing isn't actually that bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frosties1)
    It's gotten better with me. Not perfecct, there's some things I'd really rather change, but a helluva lot better. I'd advise you to isolate what it is that's getting you down and make a plan to remedy it. Just because one thing is going badly it doesn't mean you should throw the towel in or think like that; it's probably just one or two aspects of Uni that're getting you down, and if you resolve them, you may find the whole thing isn't actually that bad.

Thats a good idea its just i cant really pinpoint exactly why i dont like..i think its lots of things or me just being silly..all i know is that im realy unhappy and cant stop crying...

it could be...that i dont like the fact that i didn't get into halls....i do feel lonely...
    and i guess this is made worse by the fact i miss me boyfriend but.. i just feel lonely it would be nice to live with other people and come home to people you can just shill out with....

biggest problem that has just come up is...ive run out of money..... like literally ive had £10 the last week...that i had to borrow from my boyfriend..I dont have any contact with my parents...i left home when i was 17...but managed to complete 6th form and that and really wanted to go to uni in order to do something for myself..and im proud of the fact i got it even tho i was going through so much being homeless and what not... but..i made a stupid mistake thinking that my loan and bursary funding would pay for everything...and ive now found out this is not the case...basicaly ive got no money now and when it all comes through again in january...from both my loan & grant ill have to pay the rent and be left with about £200 to last me to next time i get my money.... ive got an appointment at the uni next week to discuss finances...but..well i just feel like im ****ed really... ive tried and its not working out...

I dont want to give up..but if your unhappy....I know i should try and stick it out for a year and whatever...but i dont know if i can..also what to do next year?? is it my course i'm not liking and the uni here so should i transfer somewhere else...or will it be the same at whatever uni i'm in....
    I know people will say move closer to home..but i wanted to get away live my life somewhere new..theres not a lot near home for me...apart from my boyfriend but he does visit me here a lot even though it takes him 7 hours..and at the end of the day when im at uni i wont be living with him wherever i am..so its just not going to be like it used to...
    But then..maybe if i dont change uni's and get a house up here it might be different...
    Ive got no idea..but i want to know something solid so i can look forward to that and not thinks its going to go on for 3 years...but then u cant know how ur gunna feel about things...

i just cant work anything out...any advice i would must appreciate it... I am unfortunaly one of those gay people that dont always see the positives and this isnt helping me at all...but you cant help how you feel can you.....well i cant seem to...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.