Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Mark and Spencer job and have got invited to the interview on 21st october, i selected my interview time but after that i realised that the job is a late shift job whereas i wanted a day or weekend job.

what shall i do?
    help please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sef_150)
    I applied for Mark and Spencer job and have got invited to the interview on 21st october, i selected my interview time but after that i realised that the job is a late shift job whereas i wanted a day or weekend job.

what shall i do?
    help please.
    Go for the interview, make a really good impression - they will discuss hours of work with you at the interview, you can explain your preferred hours and if they really like you they will take you on - they are just coming up to their busiest period, they will have tons of hours/ shifts - what have you got to lose by going to the interview? Hope it goes well.

ReputationRep:
    I was just in this situation! I had an interview for an evening job, 2 shifts a week, but turned out to be 2-10pm both days (I have uni until 6pm) so had to say no. However, they stated their interest in employing me due to a successful interview, and when there is a weekend or evening vacancy available they said I was pretty much guaranteed the job! So definitely go along and give it your best shot!

ReputationRep:
    I actually went along having applied for a night shift job (thinking it'd be higher pay and less competition!), but it turned out i couldn't start next friday when they wanted me to because i'm going in to hospital. Instead they've given me a day time shift starting in november. So if they like you they'll be prepared to be flexible...although i had my interview on the very first day of interviews so there were fewer shifts taken up already....so i basically had the pick of the lot! Hope it works out you can change though. Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    even if they can't accomodate you with hours at the time, if you pass the interview they hold you on file for six (maybe 12) months, and then if any suitable jobs come out in this time you do not have to re-sit the interview . Good luck with your interview!

ReputationRep:
    thank you, i think i'll just go to the interview hopefully i get it. thank you everyone

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.