Turn on thread page Beta

Grandmother Shoots Troublesome 12-Year-Old Boy watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtGoblin)
    I can't believe so many people here are supporting her actions! I don't understand why she had to go back outside at all to defend herself - she managed to get inside, she could have stayed there! It seems ridiculous that she should get away with shooting a child when she wasn't in immediate danger. What happened to her was horrible and no-one should have to put up with living like that, but risking a child's life is not the answer. This is a horrible injustice.
    I'm afraid I don't agree. People. not just children who are involved in antisocial behaviour always seem to get the sympathy when it comes to breaking the law. You hear stories like this on the news all the time, minus the shooting. Cases where someone is burgled and when they defend themselves, their family or possessions and end up casuing harm to the intruder, they are somehow in the wrong. In my opinion there is no arguement as to why that should be the case. The excuses are always, he or she has had a difficult upbringing or they got in with the wrong crowd, etc... I couldn't give a monkeys to be honest. It's about time somebody did something about it like this lady did. I say good on her. She shouldn't have to put up with this kind of behaviour from some kid who thinks it's cool to do what he's doing. We should employ this kind of justice in our own country.

ReputationRep:
    I am glad she didnt get punished for protecting herself and her property.

These kids had been terrorising her for a year and the police and parents did nothing. When she gets the courage to confront them they respond by, instead of stopping their actions and apologising, by throwing bricks and stones at her - something which could have killed a person of that age. She phoned the police and went back outside with a gun (why should she have hidden inside and waited for the police? - she has done nothing wrong at this point and if she wants to go outside with a gun on her own property there is no reason for her not to).
    If the kids were still throwing bricks at her, again something which could have killed her, I see no reason why she shouldnt have defended herself. She had a reason to believe that her life were in danger and defended herself.

ReputationRep:
    Boy sounded like he deserved to be wounded and he was, I just hope the granny actually was aiming to wound and not kill.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe so many people here are supporting her actions! I don't understand why she had to go back outside at all to defend herself - she managed to get inside, she could have stayed there! It seems ridiculous that she should get away with shooting a child when she wasn't in immediate danger. What happened to her was horrible and no-one should have to put up with living like that, but risking a child's life is not the answer. This is a horrible injustice.
    So rather then defending herself, you wanted her to hide and remain scared?
    A stern push to an old person can do serious damage, wtf do you think a brick is going to do!?
    Also, who is going to miss that little **** if he had died? Obviously his parents did not care about him and he decided to be a complete piece of crap to some innocent lady. What a lovely child..........:rolleyes:

I don't think you have thought this through.

ReputationRep:
    You're the only one talking sense around here, apparently the majority of people here think 12 year olds deserved to be killed for a mistake, that wasn't even life-threatening for the old lady. You can't even hold a kid accountable for what they do when they're 12, it's ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    How so, they would have simply kept on harassing her (its been happening for a year, so its obvious the police were useless), and the fact they threw bricks and rocks at her as well...she was perfectly within the right to get these intruders off her property, it's their fault for invading her privacy, making her life a hellhole and even assaulting her.

ReputationRep:
    they deserved it... ******* pricks. Go grandma !

ReputationRep:
    How would you feel if that was your son? Breaking her window derserves a bullet to the stomach?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hadouken)
    How would you feel if that was your son? Breaking her window derserves a bullet to the stomach?
    bullet to the shoulder :fyi:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.