Turn on thread page Beta

Predicted grades/ actual AS grades more important?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    GCSE: 1A*, 3A, 3B, 3C, 2 Merits (Maths-A, double science-A,C, English lang-B)
    AS grades: BBBD (maths, furthermaths, sociology and a D in chemistry)
    Dropped furthermaths.
    Predicted grades AAB. (B for chemistry-i'll be doing resits.)

Intending to apply for pharmacology, would like to go to King's college or Bristol. Both Uni's offer ABB with chemistry compulsory.

How likely am I going to get into these unis??
    Both these unis are top and my grades aren't particularly good..

Will these uni's take into account my predicted grades more than my actual AS grades??
    Is my personal statement important too?
    I'm frightened I'll get rejected by all 5 unis =(

Can anyone answer my questions? Anyone in a similar situation?
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on whether your school cashed in your AS Level grades, if they did you would have todeclare them and the universities could see how 'realistic' your predictions are.

However, if your school has not cashed them in then you they will just base your application on your predicted grades/personal statement/reference...etc.

I wouldn't worry. I applied to both Bristol and KCL (for pharmacology! What are the chances) with ABCDE predicted AAB and got offers from both. KCL want AAB this year (talked to person on the phone) but Bristol still want ABB afaik. Good luck I know KCL gave ABB offers with grades to people much lower than yours.

edit: Why don't you take up AS Biology this year to help strengthen your application? :ninjagirl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by microfatcat)
    I wouldn't worry. I applied to both Bristol and KCL (for pharmacology! What are the chances) with ABCDE predicted AAB and got offers from both. KCL want AAB this year (talked to person on the phone) but Bristol still want ABB afaik. Good luck I know KCL gave ABB offers with grades to people much lower than yours.

edit: Why don't you take up AS Biology this year to help strengthen your application? :ninjagirl:
    Did you apply last year?
    I'm currently doing the extended project, shall I drop it and take up biology AS instead? It's probably more advantageous?
    And is your personal statement considered more than the grades too?
    Thanks ^_^

O yes, what is 'cash in' in a levels? =S

(Original post by Saskya)
    Did you apply last year?
    I'm currently doing the extended project, shall I drop it and take up biology AS instead? It's probably more advantageous?
    And is your personal statement considered more than the grades too?
    Thanks ^_^

O yes, what is 'cash in' in a levels? =S
    I did indeed. Is your EP related to pharmacology? Biology would be so much better. It's an actual AS, relating to the degree, and shows motivation. They didn't see my grades because I put pending on my form. I don't see why you would cash in your AS-levels, ask your head of sixth form if you do x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by microfatcat)
    I did indeed. Is your EP related to pharmacology? Biology would be so much better. It's an actual AS, relating to the degree, and shows motivation. They didn't see my grades because I put pending on my form. I don't see why you would cash in your AS-levels, ask your head of sixth form if you do x
    My EP is more related to chemistry but I haven't done much with it so it wouldn't hurt if I dropped it now.
    I'll try and ask if I could join a biology class, but chances are quite low since it's been a month since term started.
    What is "cash in"??
    Apparently I have to fill out my actual AS grades in my ucas form this year and submit another section saying "pending" if i was to do any resits. =( *Sigh*
    Thanks a lot by the way =)
    I feel a bit better as i might perhaps have a chance.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.