Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Chest getting in way during squats watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey there, I swear this is not a hoax or a joke but a geniune problem I have and am really embarassed/worried about!
    Whenever I squat with weight, without weight, overhead squat or back squat my large breasts always get in the way!!!
    Am I doing the technique wrong somehow causing this problem or will I just have to accept this due the size of my breasts?
    Maybe I'm leaning forward or something?
    help!!

ReputationRep:
    oioi

ReputationRep:
    What the hell?! Unless your boobs literally touch your knees when you're standing, I think you're doing squats wrong...

ReputationRep:
    How big are your implants? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Not implants-natural breasts around a dd/e
    and my boobs dont touch my knees when i stand....
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Sounds like your form is wrong. Your body should be far more upright and how deep are you squatting?

ReputationRep:
    I think you're doing it a bit wrong lovey :/ ...I'm an E and I can do squats without my boobs getting in the way...although I guess your breast size depends upon your back size too and at 32 mine could be smaller...

ReputationRep:
    im a 34 back and i squat so my bum is close to the ground. Is that right?

ReputationRep:
    Seen girls with bigger bs do it fine. I was watching with my face pressed against a steamed up window at that point though so might not have seen it correctly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Missy1)
    Hey there, I swear this is not a hoax or a joke but a geniune problem I have and am really embarassed/worried about!
    Whenever I squat with weight, without weight, overhead squat or back squat my large breasts always get in the way!!!
    Am I doing the technique wrong somehow causing this problem or will I just have to accept this due the size of my breasts?
    Maybe I'm leaning forward or something?
    help!!
    I'm 32E and manage to do squats without a problem. Perhaps you are doing it wrong?

ReputationRep:
    pics or it didn't happen.

ReputationRep:
    LOL....dont not bend more while u do squats

ReputationRep:
    I know this sounds pervy (it is), but a video would help.

ReputationRep:
    You're definitely doing them wrong

ReputationRep:
    this isn't me but see how this woman's breasts go down? well cus i squat lower my breasts get in the way even more. Can you see what I mean???
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPExnj5ylQs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Missy1)
    this isn't me but see how this woman's breasts go down? well cus i squat lower my breasts get in the way even more. Can you see what I mean???
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPExnj5ylQs
    then don't squat lower lol :s

ReputationRep:
    Try a slightly wider stance (just enough), and shove your knees out as you're squatting.

ReputationRep:
    get a better supporting bra/?

ReputationRep:
    also don't squat like a powerlifter i.e. leaning forward

keep back upright as is possible, then no issue regardless of boob size

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubershot)
    also don't squat like a powerlifter i.e. leaning forward

keep back upright as is possible, then no issue regardless of boob size
    Powerlifters lean forward to keep the bar over their centre of gravity. The type of squat dictates the degree of forward lean. I front squat will be the most upright, and a lowbar back squat will have the most relative forward lean. You don't choose how upright you are unless you purposely want an unstable weak squat.

Like I said, shove the knees out to the side, out of the way. This is usually true for everyone, not just big breasted females. This doesn't mean a huge wide stance, it just means shove the knees outwards so they stay over the toes. If anything, a typical powerlifter widestance squat would be the least problematic.

This lady has massive boobs and she clearly has shoved her knees out of the way.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.