Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Chest getting in way during squats watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Powerlifters lean forward to keep the bar over their centre of gravity. The type of squat dictates the degree of forward lean. I front squat will be the most upright, and a lowbar back squat will have the most relative forward lean. You don't choose how upright you are unless you purposely want an unstable weak squat.

Like I said, shove the knees out to the side, out of the way. This is usually true for everyone, not just big breasted females. This doesn't mean a huge wide stance, it just means shove the knees outwards so they stay over the toes. If anything, a typical powerlifter widestance squat would be the least problematic.
    So it's okay to lean forwards? I had a session with a PT recently and he said I need to work on being more upright when I squat, but really it's a balance thing. If I keep upright I just fall backwards!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Missy1)
    Not implants-natural breasts around a dd/e
    and my boobs dont touch my knees when i stand....
    you're either a troll or talking rubbish

im an E cup and i have no problems doing squats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelkin)
    So it's okay to lean forwards? I had a session with a PT recently and he said I need to work on being more upright when I squat, but really it's a balance thing. If I keep upright I just fall backwards!
    See, you've already figured out your PT is clueless. Just print this pic out and show it to the PT if you like.

All squats have their pros and cons, and it's nice to mix things up every so often.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.