Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im in my late twenties and have not really had any particular style Im thinking of wearing black shorts with tights but am not sure if I look immature. I don't want to appear over stylish and I dont want to appear scruffy i just want to have a unique but mature look but am not sure what looks best. Should I replace the black shorts with short denim shorts? Or is the shorts and tights idea silly? I don't want to wear skirts or dresses though.

Does this look a bit over the top for everyday wear or is it a normal/casual look for winter? I guess it looks kind of boring how could i dress more unique? Im used to wearing jeans all the time. Cause im only small i dont want to look too teenager like.

ReputationRep:
    it's good for ****'s so yeah it'll do for mature, i dunno about amateur though or interracial.

ReputationRep:
    Its very bland to be honest. Not exactly late 20's but late 40's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)
    Its very bland to be honest. Not exactly late 20's but late 40's.
    what would you add/change? See I dont want to look too teeny.

ReputationRep:
    The shorts/tights combo is fine, it's the shoes and badly fitting tops that make you look younger or plain.
    Maybe a blouse would look better.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty inoffensive...as in, a bit boring (sorry!). It needs livening up a bit - prints, details, layers, textures!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clo-clo1)
    The shorts/tights combo is fine, it's the shoes and badly fitting tops that make you look younger or plain.
    Maybe a blouse would look better.
    which ones are badly fitted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mm_Minty)
    Pretty inoffensive...as in, a bit boring (sorry!). It needs livening up a bit - prints, details, layers, textures!!
    I want some ideas :o:

ReputationRep:
    Its boring.
    Wear jeans with shirt/long sleeve and put on some blazer instead of wearing a hoodie?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nextTOnothing)
    which ones are badly fitted?
    Well to be fair the first one is just a bit young, the second just look badly fitting-maybe its the way it sits over the shorts but it makes your bum look bigger than it is.
    Third is fine. Fourth, just the leather/faux leather waistcoat thing cuts in all the wrong places but the top underneath is fine nice colour with the shorts too.

ReputationRep:
    I want some ideas :o:
    I can't really think of anyting more specific than what I said really...
    but when you're out shopping, look for clothes that have designs or pints on them, that are colourful, look like they can be worn with different things and aren't just flat - have detail on them (alternatively add detail yourself with belts accesories etc) and clothes that use different fabrics, like this for example: it'd be more boring without all the different fabrics and textures http://www.joebrowns.co.uk/sp+Unique-Style-Dress+LD180

ReputationRep:
    what would you add/change? See I dont want to look too teeny.
    I'm thinking pashminas and scarf's, small fitted jackets, waist coats,jeans or trousers (not baggy), a more sophisticated look so lose the shorts. Try to colour coordinate what you wear, and go for colours that would suit your skin tone. Stay away from baggy clothes around the hips as that is maternity wear, and go for clothes that have some sort of pattern on them. If not throw in scarfs and necklaces to break everything up. I think that would work and would be a more mature look, but not a bland - I have given up 45 year old style.

ReputationRep:
    Try wearing a scarf to look more stylish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeffy91)
    Try wearing a scarf to look more stylish.
    scarves are used for masturbation though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDoovde)
    scarves are used for masturbation though.
    If you call a sock a scarf then yes...

ReputationRep:
    If you call a sock a scarf then yes...
    i wrap a scarf around my ****, hold it with two hands and do the deed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDoovde)
    i wrap a scarf around my ****, hold it with two hands and do the deed.
    lol i use my sisters hair for that. it's better too because usually it's oily and not so abrasive as a scarf.

ReputationRep:
    lol i use my sisters hair for that. it's better too because usually it's oily and not so abrasive as a scarf.
    nice man i gotta try that out using my mum's hair one day.

ReputationRep:
    i don't like any of the tops you've put it with... try tucking in a polo neck top or a henley or a long sleeved blouse?
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I'm really sorry I don't really like any of them. But tbf, I'm only 17 and I usually only wear skirts or dresses. I do have a pair of denim shorts I like. I wore them with you know those like see-throughy black tights, with a cream top and loads of silver necklaces and bracelets. With your black shorts you could get some blousey things. I like this, it could work for older peoples

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.