The Student Room Group

Rehab for wierdos?

Ok so the title is probably a little over dramatic. However, I'm verryyy wierd and so are a few people I know....Now, i've always said to my parents (because they get worried about how I act in public; then again, embarrassing acts in public involve laughing - so probs not the best judges) that I would soon be normal and demure and all those lady like things. However, what if I never become normal and just stay wierd!? There should be a course on how to act normal lol, or is that simply called an etiquette book? Surely it can't change the way you think or instinctually behave? ....or is being normal supressing the most idiotic impulses? :rolleyes:
I'm much rather be classed as "weird" than classed as "normal". Weird people tend to be more interesting and if it's part of you are, then you shouldn't be made to change it. Unless, of course, it's more serious than just being a little strange.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
lol um I think it's just being a little strange. I just think if you're wierd, people love you or hate you...but normal is much better, most people think you're ok or like you...It's simple math, and math is life.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
Nahhhh us weirdos need to stick together!
Why talk about driving lessons when you can talk about the moon being out for lunch?
none of you are weird

Shown by your adhering to your school curriculum with vehemence

you're just looking for a quality in which you can see yourself unique
I'm pretty odd (by others' admission) and I don't really care. So what if I make odd noises, say odd things, have odd hobbies and generally don't know how to behave in public. That kind of thing is what makes life FUN!

I know someone who truly is very strange. All those teenagers who say "yeah, I'm so weird and random, lol" can **** off. This girl is genuinely bonkers. I've never met someone as mad as her who didn't have a major psychological problem.

And I think she's great. Weirdness is so underrated.
Are you actually weird? If your parents think laughing classes someone as weird then they probably have a very distorted view of actual weirdness. As long as you're not one of those people who tries to be 'random' in order to seem unique/interesting then you're probably fine.
Reply 7
you just haven't been brought up properly, blame your parents
Reply 8
People who think they are weird are generally just as conformist as the next average Joe. It simply stinks of trying desperately to be unique.
Reply 9
fire2burn
People who think they are weird are generally just as conformist as the next average Joe. It simply stinks of trying desperately to be unique.

Exactly what I was going to say. It tends to be girls that pull this trick and it really is ******* annoying to witness.

I heartily agreed with something you said yesterday too, let us frot.
(edited 13 years ago)
Oh, don't worry, you're not weird at all. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending