Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I finished uni a few months back only did three years, but most of friends did 4 years, Ive gone back home but the people I spoke to are either back at uni or live nowhere near me.

Theres only about 4 people who I talk to living near me, and they all are too busy doing other things, working full time out of usual 9-5 so I hardly see them.

And my closest friend has gone and got a real girlfriend so he's always with her.

Theres nobody else I really talk to, I just work in the day, then go on computer and watch tv in the night.

ReputationRep:
    aw snap.

ReputationRep:
    What's a real girlfriend?

I want one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audiowave)
    I finished uni a few months back only did three years, but most of friends did 4 years, Ive gone back home but the people I spoke to at are either back at uni or live nowhere near me.

Theres only about 4 people who I talk to living near me, and they all are too busy doing other things, working full time out of usual 9-5 so I hardly see them.

And my closest friend has gone and got a real girlfriend so he's always with her.

Theres nobody else I really talk to, I just work in the day, then go on computer and watch tv in the night.
    At this stage you gotta make friends in your profession and just when your out and about. Its alot harder I know, your best bet is to try and maintain your friendship with ur uni mates. Cos wen they finish they will be in same situation, in wanting to stay in contact. So just keep your current relationships intact and hunt for new ones at every given opportunity.

(Original post by Aack)

I want one.
    Froogle is your friend.

ReputationRep:
    go out and make new friends babes
    don't waste time sulking about your friends, go out and enjoy life.. you only live once.

ReputationRep:
    I will be your friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kilowattjester)
    I will be your friend.
    ok, but you live further away than my other friends... :P

ReputationRep:
    you can make friends with people on-line, going to events, going to the gym, dancing classes many more. but don't worry hopefully once yours friends get back to routine you'll start to socialize more again. x

ReputationRep:
    I finished uni a few months back only did three years, but most of friends did 4 years, Ive gone back home but the people I spoke to are either back at uni or live nowhere near me.

friends drift apart and move on, I know it sucks , it's like they don't remember the few years they spend with you. but don't dwell just move on. Why don't you get yourself one of those 'real' girlfriends :p: ? You mentioned your working is it not possible to make new friends there? Why don't you enrol in a parttime course like a new language or evening art classes whatever you enjoy :yep: . I plan on doing the same :o: . I'm sorry my advice wasn't that great as you see..I'm not really in a position to give advice on friends

(Original post by jenny.chu)
    aw snap.
    Don't you hate it when google chrome does that with the cross eyes X_X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indieboohoo)
    Don't you hate it when google chrome does that with the cross eyes X_X
    Lol! Yes! Still Google Chrome > Explorer and Firefox

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aack)

I want one.
    sounds real pricey though.

ReputationRep:

It doesn't have to be that way forever! Now you are working you will hopefully make some new friends at work. Also just because your Uni friends are no longer geographically near you doesn't mean you have to lose touch - make an effort to keep in touch by facebook, text etc. and then travel over to see them sometimes on the weekends - you can travel on a Friday afternoon, sleep over at theirs and have a couple of nights out with them etc. Also have a bit of a man to man chat with your best mate - there are seven days and nights in a week, and just because he's met a girl doesn't have to mean he sees her for all seven of them! See if you can agree with him to have one night a week that's 'lads night' so that you can keep in touch with each other. Hope that helps.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 2, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.