Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why aren't you out in the bars/clubs trying to pull - it's friday night! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Because I don't like clubs.

ReputationRep:
    Got up at six to prepare for a seminar at nine. Went to work from there, started at twelve, finished at half nine -- too tired. Yet can't sleep? Have spent 4 hours locating course texts at various libraries online while the boyfriend plays fifa 11. I feel old and a little nerdy.

I was supposed to go facedown tonight in Kings Cross, but was working in Holloway then Cannon Street from 8am until about an hour ago, and now cannot be arsed . Woulda been live aswell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Happy Insomniac)
    Got up at six to prepare for a seminar at nine. Went to work from there, started at twelve, finished at half nine -- too tired. Yet can't sleep? Have spent 4 hours locating course texts at various libraries online while the boyfriend plays fifa 11. I feel old and a little nerdy.
    ... although, I suppose, the existence of the boyfriend should probably do, in itself, as a reason I'm not out pulling.

And I feel too old for clubbing even if I wasn't so tired...

ReputationRep:
    Just been on the phone and chatting to my friends all night. And i have work tomorrow morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Happy Insomniac)
    And I feel too old for clubbing even if I wasn't so tired...
    Being too tired to go out is a sign you're too old for clubbing :P A true student is never too tired for a night out.

FYI, I'm not out because clubs are crap for students on fridays and saturdays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimD)
    Being too tired to go out is a sign you're too old for clubbing :P A true student is never too tired for a night out.

FYI, I'm not out because clubs are crap for students on fridays and saturdays.
    Exactly, haha. School and undergrad, I could drink 'til 3 and get up at 7... not anymore. Plus, I end up moaning and grumbling about "young people these days" before I realise what I'm doing, which is way more depressing than I can handle...

ReputationRep:
    Not back at uni yet so not everyone around, cba andddddddd gotta be up earlyish...plus a friend came to visit and we ended up playing Fifa...

ReputationRep:
    Tired and ill- woken up at 4am by my own coughing, went back to sleep at 3pm, woke at 7pm, made dinner and now I'm perusing the Lakeland catalogue. I'm not sure I can go another minute without a poaching pod.

That, and I outgrew clubs when I was 18.

ReputationRep:
    erm several reasons:

- Skint from freshers week
    - Back home as I got homesick
    - Last time I got drunk/went out I fell in love
    - I'm ugly thus cannot pull
    - It's too cold and CSI: Las Vegas boxset seems like a better idea

ReputationRep:
    Becauseee I have a boyfriend.

Cos I'm not a ******* manwhore.

ReputationRep:
    ill...

ReputationRep:
    I'm more of a staying-in sorta gal :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenny.chu)
    - Last time I got drunk/went out I fell in love
    Really?

(Original post by jenny.chu)
    - I'm ugly thus cannot pull
    I don't think you're ugly at all. I'd definitely approach you and talk to you in a club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beadle's About)
    Really?

I don't think you're ugly at all. I'd definitely approach you and talk to you in a club.
    Yeah, my drunken times seem to be the honest and emotional ones haha! Being sober I can just occupy myself but when I go out and get drunk then I suddely realise how **** life is.

Mmmm, after a few rounds maybe!

ReputationRep:
    Bars/clubs in Australia are full of boganised Australian men.

ReputationRep:
    I've been out, and now I'm in on TSR, the only way to end a night :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I've not had money since last year, and SAAS isn't through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beadle's About)
    You've been conditioned by society to believe that a woman who has casual sex 'has no respect'. It's not true. Just ******** society tries to get people to believe.

I'm a male, and I'm referring to both genders...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 3, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.