Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Spider Repellant!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    OK so I'm in this flat, it's great, nice and big, it also doesn;t cost me anything. Fantastic.

Until I find out that I am ******* inundated with spiders. I've had 7 or 8 since I got here last tuesday. Three today.

Not the small ones either. I'm talking these beasts:

Spoiler:
    Show

Now. I don't mind spiders, and I hate killing them. But I'm taking some medication that can, and does, cause anxiety/nervousness etc. One crawled across the floor at me and I full on wanted to cry. I have killed that spider, and don't wish to see any more.

Can anyone recommend me a good spider repellant? Are those plug-in things any good? I want them gone from my life :sad:

All help much appreciated,
    SuperSam_Fantastiche
    Can of hairspray plus zippo. Spider repellent, job jobbed.

ReputationRep:
    I tidied up the other day and no joke, a spider came out twice the size of the one you posted. I screamed as loud as I could and then jumped on the sofa and cried and wouldn't move until my boyfriend sucked it up with the hoover. Only downside is that now I daren't use the hoover.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy Chuckie)
    Ahh man. I was planning on living in a flat just to get away from big spiders Do you live on the ground floor or something? My sister-in-law lives on the 2nd floor and she hardly gets spiders, the ones she does get are small like full stops.
    Yeahh, ground floor, theres only 1 floor above me tho and theyve got them too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KellyWellyWoo537)
    I tidied up the other day and no joke, a spider came out twice the size of the one you posted. I screamed as loud as I could and then jumped on the sofa and cried and wouldn't move until my boyfriend sucked it up with the hoover. Only downside is that now I daren't use the hoover.
    Bloody hell :eek: put cling film on the end of the hoover!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enzo-259)
    This. I can't ******* stand them! If there's one in my room, I just stand there staring and freeze up. I don't want to go near it, but I don't want to move in case it runs and hides. I've stood for hours before.

Never killed one on purpose though.
    Exactly the same with me, I don't know why I've got so bad with them. I tend to scan a room for spiders when I walk in now, it's silly but it's a habit. And I have the same thing, not wanting to go near the damn thing or if it's near a door I won't leave my room because it's there, but I don't want to move anyway because it will run away and hide and it will end up above or even in my bed.

And yes, I had a nightmare when I was about 4, about a spider falling on my face, and woke up only for it to actually happen :o: And not too long ago I saw a shadow dart across the carpet, so I sort of jumped off the bed and then saw it IN my bed. Ugh. Buggers.

ReputationRep:
    Eurgh I saw a couple of those massive spiders, including one I saw at 2am. I had to wake my boyfriend up to kill it for me lol, I wouldn't have slept at all the rest of the night otherwise. :o:

I'd never heard of conkers being used to repel spiders before but I will definitely be trying that! I never want to see one of those spiders (or any spiders!) again.

ReputationRep:
    OK so I'm in this flat, it's great, nice and big, it also doesn;t cost me anything. Fantastic.

Until I find out that I am ******* inundated with spiders. I've had 7 or 8 since I got here last tuesday. Three today.

Not the small ones either. I'm talking these beasts:

Spoiler:
    Show

Now. I don't mind spiders, and I hate killing them. But I'm taking some medication that can, and does, cause anxiety/nervousness etc. One crawled across the floor at me and I full on wanted to cry. I have killed that spider, and don't wish to see any more.

Can anyone recommend me a good spider repellant? Are those plug-in things any good? I want them gone from my life :sad:

All help much appreciated,
    SuperSam_Fantastiche
    why not stop taking the medication if its making your overly nervous and anxious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SacreBleu)
    why not stop taking the medication if its making your overly nervous and anxious.
    Because the pain I suffer otherwise is intolerable :o:

ReputationRep:
    Yeahh, ground floor, theres only 1 floor above me tho and theyve got them too
    If you ever do move into another flat i say 2nd floor or higher!

ReputationRep:
    CBA to check if anyone has already said it, but, Amiral spider repellent on ebay, it works a treat, couldn't live without it!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 3, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.