Turn on thread page Beta

How many of your friends do you actually trust? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm willing to hang out with most people who are nice enough to my face, even the one's that I know are *****ing about me behind my back (I don't really care for their childish games), but there's only one friend I truly trust with everything.

ReputationRep:
    I've got 8 friends I can just splurge all my problems to whenever I need to. Within that there's 2 I really could tell anything at all to though.

ReputationRep:
    luckily a lot of my friends aren't that into gossiping about people. but then they're indifferent to if you tell them something serious

ReputationRep:
    I do not COMPLETLY trust any friends at all. But I have maybe 1 or 2 I can count on primarily because we have known each other since nursery and were in all the same classes up to know.

Dta though..

ReputationRep:
    I trust majority of my friends, but there is only 5 close friends that I trust with my Bank Card.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I have some friends who I wouldn't tell anything to, just because they tell me things that other friends have told them to keep quiet, so what's to say they wouldn't keep their mouth shut.
    I was thinking about who I trust the most and it's gotta be my brother and sister. I know I can talk to them about anything and it will stay between just us 2, suppose I'm quite lucky
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    6 people with anything, I'd say they were my true friends. I used to think it was a lot more but reevaluating my friendships has shown me what it actually means to be a friend to someone.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jblackmoustache)
    People (including me) have a lot of friends, but how many of them do you actually trust and are close to? Do you hang around with people you feel as though ***** behind your back, but you don't want to rock the boat so you just get on with it or are you incredibly selective over who hangs in your crew?
    None

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jblackmoustache)
    People (including me) have a lot of friends, but how many of them do you actually trust and are close to? Do you hang around with people you feel as though ***** behind your back, but you don't want to rock the boat so you just get on with it or are you incredibly selective over who hangs in your crew?
    I trust a few, my whole circle of friends I spent last summer with and just did loads of stuff with them, just about 6 of us...mainly because they have deep convs with me and vice versa..

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite a trusting person, basically to the point when in some cases people have called me naive. However, I like to think I'm incredibly astute in detailing who I'll like and who I can subsequently trust. If I'm wrong and they betray/spill gossip then that's me trusting my instincts too much and in that case, the feelings can't be wholly true. You learn to take that into account the next time when you trust someone and it's a really good learning curve. So I'd say 15 people I can trust with most things and maybe 6 I can trust to the degree that I had told 4 of them about a pretty nasty secret (about 3 years ago) and I told the other 2 maybe a year later and I could tell they both had absolutely no clue.

ReputationRep:
    I only have one friend who I could tell anything and I know that not only will she not tell anyone but she would never judge me.

ReputationRep:
    I completely trust....2-3 of my friends....

ReputationRep:
    With secrets and **** like that, none of them. To back me up in a fight/argument, most/all of them.

ReputationRep:
    To tell everything to: 2 - my best friend, and my boyfriend.
    To back me up and hurt people in an argument for me: quite a few

ReputationRep:
    I trust only 3 of them, all others are fake or back stabbers... You might say I am paranoid, maybe I am, but I am better of without betrayals...

ReputationRep:
    I only have a small group of really close friends, then others who I hang around with but wouldn't tell them everything. I literally trust my best friend with my life. Another close friend I can tell anything, but I know she tells her bf everything which pees me off sometimes...just have to be selective with what I tell her!

ReputationRep:
    My friends are my friends. Thus, whilst it's possible that they might complain about something I do behind my back, I can never imagine any of them *****ing about me with any proper malice.
    The idea of being "friends" with people who you think don't really like you is pretty upsetting, I think.

ReputationRep:
    Five - My best friend and ex boyfriend Luke; my not-gay gay best friend Alex; my cultured and adorable friend who was born acting 40 years old, Nathaniel; my brutally honest friend Macky whom i love-hate; and my bus buddy Liam.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2010
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.