Turn on thread page Beta

Vomit in sink: should I be annoyed? watch

We bought one of those little plastic washing up bowls to put inside the sink when you do the washing up. But one flatmate said he hated those bowls and didn't see the point in them when we could just wash directly in the sink. So the plastic bowl went away.

One week later the same flatmate chunders right into the sink, so now we have to wash our cutlery and plates in a sicky sink. Do I have a right to be annoyed or should I just be easy and just let it go? There was a toilet 4 meters away that was perfectly fine for him to be sick in.

ReputationRep:
    I guess it's a bit annoying, but it's not like you have to wash up while the sick is still in there, right? :P

Just clean it thoroughly with bleach or something.

Sometimes when you need to throw up, you need to throw up and I guess the sink is better than the carpet or somewhere else.

ReputationRep:
    If you vom in a sink then you should clean it up.

ReputationRep:
    Can't someone clean the vom out the sink before you go putting your cutlery in it?
    At least it was in the sink: you'd be more annoyed if he'd vommed on your face.

ReputationRep:
    Just make him clean it? problem solved

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    We bought one of those little plastic washing up bowls to put inside the sink when you do the washing up. But one flatmate said he hated those bowls and didn't see the point in them when we could just wash directly in the sink. So the plastic bowl went away.

One week later the same flatmate chunders right into the sink, so now we have to wash our cutlery and plates in a sicky sink. Do I have a right to be annoyed or should I just be easy and just let it go? There was a toilet 4 meters away that was perfectly fine for him to be sick in.
    Yes he's clearly a dirty b****** who has no consideration for others or personal hygiene. If he's cool with behaving like that I would assume he is dirty in lots of other ways - don't shake his hand too often!!! Buy yourself a washing up bowl, use it to wash your own pots and keep it in your own room when you are not using it. Next time rub his nose in it. Not the washing up bowl - the sick!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

I suggest you clean it up with his towels and toothbrush.

if he complains, **** on his floor.

ReputationRep:
    No, you shouldn't be annoyed. It's fine.

ReputationRep:
    Tell him to lick it clean then wash all the dishes after he's bleached it.

No seriously though, are you troll?

ReputationRep:
    Someone vomited in one of the sinks in my house in 2nd year - they didn't clean it, we didn't clean it. Probably stayed there for about 6 months total. It was gross.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Libertine)
    Someone vomited in one of the sinks in my house in 2nd year - they didn't clean it, we didn't clean it. Probably stayed there for about 6 months total. It was gross.
    :lolwut:

That is horrendous.

ReputationRep:
    Tell him to clean it, he made the mess after all.

He rinsed it away with tap water and says it's clean. Now I feel like if I insist he cleans it with bleach I'm being out of order.

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't unknown for me to chunder in my sink in first year halls. That was pretty horrendous. I also puked in a glass once, but that's another story.

Anyway, yeh just chuck loads of bleach down it and rinse it for a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Libertine)
    :lolwut: that is ******* disgusting!

ReputationRep:
    Tell the personwho did it to clean it up. You have every right to be annoyed.

ReputationRep:
    piss on his bed and say u culdnt find the toilet door >.>

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 2, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.