Turn on thread page Beta

This guy who I have been on a date with is really confusing. A little insight from you guys would be great in helping me decide on what to do next.

I met him a week ago and we went out on a date the following night. Well it wasn't a date per se, it was a really posh do - for his work. I went and we had a great time, lovely guy. Got on really well with him and his work friends.

The following couple of days, he text me. No mention of another date but friendly messages. Then nothing for a couple of days....

We are friends on facebook, and my status last night mentioned that I was going out. He was also out, which I found unusual as he does not live in the town I live in and he had work the following day (He's not a student). My friend seemed to think it was more than a coincidence that he decided to go out.

However he completely blanked me. I work in a bar (in the kitchen dept) and was sat with 5 guys - that i work with and one girl and then he walked in with his friend but didnt acknowledge me at all. He sat sort of opposite us and although he didnt make eye contact, his friend STARED at me constantly, my friend also noticed the staring as it was so obvious.

We then went to a different bar, and he was there... again no 'hello' although when they walked past us his friend looked back and gave me such a glare. I'm really confused, I do like him but unsure what last night was all about... should i confront him or forget about the guy altogether?
    Thanks in advance x

ReputationRep:
    Considering his reactions it sounds like it was a coincidence. When guys are on nights out with friends we tend to really not like girlfriends (or potential gfs) coming up to us, we don't want to deal with emotional stuff like that. We especially don't want to make the effort to split up from other friends to then talk to you the whole night.

Completely blanking you doesn't sound like a nice thing to do, but again its probably just cos he's with his mates. Try talking to him again when he's by himself and its just the two of you and see how it goes from there.

Oh, and forget about the other guy, he sounds like a wierdo.

ReputationRep:
    Wtf, definitely message him about it.

Confront him about it.

He was talking about you that why his friend was staring. What's the age gap between both of you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joannei84)
    He is 23... I am 26
    Lol, anon fail :p:

Originally Posted by TimD
    Completely blanking you doesn't sound like a nice thing to do, but again its probably just cos he's with his mates.

I can understand what you're saying but he was out with one guy - the same guy who he was with when we met and he had no problem talking to me then.!

I'm really confused, I mean why would you invite someone to your works do if you didnt genuinely like them? People were assuming that we were a couple and he didn't dismiss that. Am I looking too much into things? I feel like I have got it all wrong.

If I do confront him, how would I word it? I don't want to sound needy, just want to know where I stand.

(Original post by sweetascandy)

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    This guy who I have been on a date with is really confusing. A little insight from you guys would be great in helping me decide on what to do next.

I met him a week ago and we went out on a date the following night. Well it wasn't a date per se, it was a really posh do - for his work. I went and we had a great time, lovely guy. Got on really well with him and his work friends.

The following couple of days, he text me. No mention of another date but friendly messages. Then nothing for a couple of days....

We are friends on facebook, and my status last night mentioned that I was going out. He was also out, which I found unusual as he does not live in the town I live in and he had work the following day (He's not a student). My friend seemed to think it was more than a coincidence that he decided to go out.

However he completely blanked me. I work in a bar (in the kitchen dept) and was sat with 5 guys - that i work with and one girl and then he walked in with his friend but didnt acknowledge me at all. He sat sort of opposite us and although he didnt make eye contact, his friend STARED at me constantly, my friend also noticed the staring as it was so obvious.

We then went to a different bar, and he was there... again no 'hello' although when they walked past us his friend looked back and gave me such a glare. I'm really confused, I do like him but unsure what last night was all about... should i confront him or forget about the guy altogether?
    Thanks in advance x
    Have you ever seen that movie 50 First Dates? Yeah

ReputationRep:
    Maybe the work thing didn't go that well from his point of view? Also, did you say hello to him on the night out, or did you 'blank' him?

(Original post by BumperBo)
    Have you ever seen that movie 50 First Dates? Yeah
    Ah so he has a memory problem? That explains things!

And if he didnt think the date went well, why did he text me for the couple of days after?

I also 'blanked' him, but he didnt even make eye contact!

ReputationRep:
    Ah so he has a memory problem? That explains things!

And if he didnt think the date went well, why did he text me for the couple of days after?

wow thats awkward.
    ask him whats wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Because he's nice and thought it was the 'done thing'? Or maybe he likes you, without wanting to **** you?

Right. So actually, what you should be asking yourself is why you didn't go and say hello to him.

ReputationRep:
    :yes:

ReputationRep:

Thanks in advance x
    He hasn't had many relationships in his life, he's nervous and possibly scared, hence the avoidance. Since he was also with his friend, it would have made the whole situation all the more awkward for him if he acknowledged you.

Message/contact him or leave him for good.

ReputationRep:
    Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!
    Lol, I love how you wrote this at 9:03 this morning, and the fact that I got neg-repped at 9:04.. I wonder who would do such a thing! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I love how you wrote this at 9:03 this morning, and the fact that I got neg-repped at 9:04.. I wonder who would do such a thing! :eek:
    Dont worry bro, ill save you.

ReputationRep:
    leave it, he sounds like an idiot! if he's a decent guy he'll call you/message you and explain. if he doesn't... **** it, you're worth more than that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey)
    Dont worry bro, ill save you.
    Aha, thanx +rep coming your way too... OPs gunna be uppsett ;D

Aha, thanx +rep coming your way too... OPs gunna be uppsett ;D
    I'd imagine she's devastated!

Well I contacted him and his response was that he didn't see me, I don't believe him but he did respond straight away so I guess that's a good sign. Just have to see what happens now

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 2, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.