Turn on thread page Beta

Sluts and Manwhores!!!!! watch

( Anon or Delete. I have family on here and this is not something I'd want in my thread history, or them seeing)

I've noticed recently that, on this site, the term "slut" seems to be misconstrued and morphed into a load of different things e.g. "Although she has slept with a lot of guys, and they were all casual encounters, she is not a slut"

Generally the term refers to a promiscuous girl ( You're teeeasing me!
    You know what I want, And I got what you neeeeed!
    ...you know the song ).

Promiscuous - characterized by or involving indiscriminate mingling or association, esp. having sexual relations with a number of partners on a casual basis.

The same generally goes for a manwhore, but the problem is, whether or not the term "slut" is seen as a good or a bad term to be assigned to someone, it has a meaning you cannot run away from.

The negative connotations don't seem to come from the word itself, but from the fact that a particular female has had relations with "a number of partners of a casual basis". I myself do not care whether a female has had between "0" to "20 onwards" partners, it doesn't matter to me

.....but if she's had casual encounters with an above average amount of partners (which is the only real way to discern the meaning of "a lot" universally), NOT what is perceived to be an above average amount of partners (although in certain cases you can be almost certain :yep:) , then she is a "slut".

What do you think?

and of course vice versa - He is a "manwhore".

ReputationRep:
    k.

ReputationRep:
    There's too much wiff-waff (not the sport) around that word.....especially on TSR. It's pretty straight forward.

(Original post by -beads-)
    k.
    kk.

ReputationRep:
    Balls deep!

I am so manwhorinsh that I seduce a womans drink by dipping my finger in it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a manwhore man but there is also another synonym for that.

Pimp.

And according to the latest music, pimpin' "ain't easy".

So show us some damn love once in a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    kk.
    u want sex? xx

(Original post by HARRY PUTAH)
    Balls deep!

I am so manwhorinsh that I seduce a womans drink by dipping my finger in it.
    Ain't much you can do with a drink mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ain't much you can do with a drink mate.
    She drinks it and then falls into my arms.

ziiing!

(Original post by -beads-)
    u want sex? xx
    I'm flattered. Really.

ReputationRep:
    Don't actually understand what point you're trying to make OP.

(Original post by HARRY PUTAH)
    She drinks it and then falls into my arms.

ziiing!
    I hear handcuffs clicking/cell doors sliding.

(Original post by Trollish)
    Don't actually understand what point you're trying to make OP.
    The term "slut" is pretty easy to understand, but people on here tend to have a longer list of criteria than is really needed.

ReputationRep:
    Such a tired argument - a girl who sleeps with lots of men is worse than a man who sleeps with lots of girls (the exception is if all said girls are munters). No point debating it.

ReputationRep:
    `Man whore`

I love how sexist the english language is.

(Original post by Colour Me Pretty)
    `Man whore`

I love how sexist the english language is.
    .....?

ReputationRep:
    Terms like 'slut' and 'manwhore' are degrading and I don't think it's OK to negatively label someone simply because they get about a bit.

If they are serial cheats or they are doing themselves some serious psychological damage, than that is clearly not good but I think we can find more eloquent and appropriate ways of describing those people.

They both disgust me. Yeah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    They both disgust me. Yeah.
    I can understand why :lol: .

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 9, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.