The Student Room Group
Depends how many hours you do at uni, surely?
Reply 2
Easily manageable. I do law and one of my friends got a first while working 20 hours a week.
Reply 3
You'll be fine. Second year is probably the best year to get a job, because you'll mostly be over the going out all the time thing of the first year, but won't have any where near as much work as the third year
Reply 4
What are you studying?

If you're doing medicine, it's too much - if you're doing some lesser respected subject it's probably OK. Depends how much effort you're willing to put in to manage your time as well!
Reply 5
diaby_legend
im doing 16 hours a week in my part-time job and im jus about to start my second year of university

what do you guys think...manageable? too much?

Should be fine depending on your hours at uni. For example a computing student I knew when I was at uni was in 5 days a week, he was doing networking, so he had a heavier work load than me; I was in uni 3 days a week for 2 or 3 hours each day. He worked Saturday and Sunday and did about 14 hours, whereas I worked a day during the week and Sunday for a similar amount of time.

So it all depends on what days and hours you do at uni, and what hours and days you have at work. If they work well with each other, then 16 hours a week working is no problem as long as you manage your time well.
Ice_Queen
What are you studying?

If you're doing medicine, it's too much - if you're doing some lesser respected subject it's probably OK. Depends how much effort you're willing to put in to manage your time as well!

:lolwut: Respect for subject =/= time spent on it.
Reply 7
TheSownRose
:lolwut: Respect for subject =/= time spent on it.

Respected subjects tend to be more difficult, therefore need more time.

Latest

Trending

Trending