Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Sup guys, I naturally have blonde / brown hair, so obviously I have blonde eyebrows. But if I dye my hair black will it look silly cos of my eyebrows?

I wont chose pitch black dye but ill try to go for a natrual black colour. What do you think, will it look silly?

ReputationRep:
    Might look a little odd. I used to dye my hair black but I've got dark eyebrows and really dark eyes so it worked.

Perhaps try a semi permanent dye first and see how it looks? You could always get an eyebrow pencil and shade your eyebrows a little darker.

ReputationRep:
    This might be a really stupid idea but is there any way you can try out any wigs or something to make sure you'd like the colour?

Dying your hair black is a pretty big thing and takes ages to get back to normal (or so I've heard, I'm not really knowledgeable in these things I just wanted to help).

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the diea about the wigs, I could go to a wig store I guess, kinda embarrasing but ill give it a shot, I have hazel brown eyes too so I dont know how it would suit me, I always liked and wanted black hair.

ReputationRep:
    It won't look silly if you colour your eyebrows AND wear dark mascara AND keep up with root maintenance. It's quite a big commitment.

A cautionary tale: There was this girl at my school with platinum blonde hair who dyed it black, decided she didn't like it, and then spent a year growing it out. Once she got to a point where her hair was half blonde and half black she got a note from school telling her to "colour your hair to a natural shade". So after two years she now has very damaged, very brittle hair that is exactly the same colour that it was before she dyed it black.:eek:

But I agree, black hair is nice.

ReputationRep:
    You'd have to dye your eyebrows too... Though it may look silly. You'd have to keep dying your hair because when light blonde hairs come out it'd look like white hair ontop of black. You'll end up badly damaging your hair because you'd have to keep dying it heavily. I would reconsider.

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it!!
    Took me 3 years to get mine back to blonde

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.