Turn on thread page Beta

Is confessing to a girl that you fancy her a bad idea? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Well there's this girl that i like but i don't know if i should tell her how i feel about her. I'd like to know if she's interested in me.

ReputationRep:
    She says that you're a nice lad but she's not sure about your Fresh Prince trainers.

Why not. I did the same once (but to a guy). Good luck x

ReputationRep:
    Terrible idea.

ReputationRep:
    How long have you known her? Are you good friends? Does she hint that she likes you? Do other people remark that you'd be good for each other or something like that?

If you just met the girl in a lecture or class or work or something, perhaps it would be a good idea to let your relationship develop before you tell her you like her.

If you've known her for ages and you two are quite flirty, then I'd say go for it.

At any rate though, saying 'I fancy you' isn't the right approach, be a little more 'implicit' if you know what I mean, and then work up to asking her out. Of course, this is just me nitpicking, and I'm sure you were going to do this anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Need to know more about the situation tbh, is she a friend? do you contact/talk to her regulalry?

Edit: Consensus94 is spot on

ReputationRep:
    I think you should just remain staring at her facebook profile hoping you're attempts to control her mind from behind your screen work.

ReputationRep:
    Take your time.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Get some game, Hombre.

(Original post by Aconite)
    She says that you're a nice lad but she's not sure about your Fresh Prince trainers.
    http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/a...2069741077.jpg

P.S. I agree with the consensus, i.e. that Consensus94 is correct. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Why not. I did the same once (but to a guy). Good luck x
    This is exactly why you should never take advice from women....about anything.

ReputationRep:
    No!

Never tell her, that's the worst thing you could do.
    She won't believe you if you tell her, that's why you should keep quiet and let magic love vibes do their work. It's the way of the ancients, and who are we to change that?

ReputationRep:
    Almost certainly.

It's usually best to subtly tell her you like her through flirting etc. Don't come right out and say "UH YEAH I LOVE YOU". Flirt with her, build up that attraction, then see where it leads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Consensus94)
    How long have you known her? Are you good friends? Does she hint that she likes you? Do other people remark that you'd be good for each other or something like that?

If you just met the girl in a lecture or class or work or something, perhaps it would be a good idea to let your relationship develop before you tell her you like her.

If you've known her for ages and you two are quite flirty, then I'd say go for it.

At any rate though, saying 'I fancy you' isn't the right approach, be a little more 'implicit' if you know what I mean, and then work up to asking her out. Of course, this is just me nitpicking, and I'm sure you were going to do this anyway.
    Well known her few months bumped into her several times club. shes uni student likes clubbing. i guess it's inaproriate at this time i guess i might be rushing things. i can't tell if she likes me girls are so good at hiding their feelings. So what should i say to her in order to find out if she has any feelings about me. I can't get her Image out of my mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Consensus94)

Well known her few months bumped into her several times club. shes uni student likes clubbing. i guess it's inaproriate at this time i guess i might be rushing things. i can't tell if she likes me girls are so good at hiding their feelings. So what should i say to her in order to find out if she has any feelings about me? when the time is right. I can't get her Image out of my mind.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I use to always think honesty was the best policy and that any of us could die the following day and we shouldn't take today for granted.

However telling people I've fallen for them has only pushed them away and now the people I care most about, aren't even on speaking terms with me.

Maybe drop some hints first and see what her reactions are? Everyone is different I guess Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    My instinct here is that if it's "confessing" you'd be doing rather than just "asking her out", the likelihood is that it's a bad idea.

ReputationRep:
    If you haven't already, ask for her number. If she is kinda interested in you, then she'll give you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dhanoo)
    If you haven't already, ask for her number. If she is kinda interested in you, then she'll give you.
    I mean that doesn't necessary mean that she's attracted , she could be giving the number because she feels am her friend nothing more nothing less.

Do you think it's a good idea if I get a friend to ask her if she's looking for a bf and what does she think of me? instead of me going direct.

ReputationRep:
    Don't tell her you fancy her. Ask her if she likes coffee.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 2, 2010
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.