Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Stretchmarks making me suicidal :'( Watch

Before you say anything, I've had them ever since I can remember. I'm 21 now. Female. I have them everywhere. On my breasts (these are the worst, they go so high up, I can't even wear a normal vest top in the summer, there's about 20 lines, very prominent). Then there's some behind my arms but blah, not that heartbreaking. Then I've got them on my inner and outer thighs, all the way down to my legs, really bad, they go past my knees. Also on my hips and butt. I've had them since I was around 12 years old I guess. They make me cry every night. I see girls wearing vest tops and shorts in the summer and I just wanna die. It's getting worse these days, as I realise no guy would want to even come near me if he saw them. It's SOOOOO depressing. They're VERY, VERY NOTICEABLE. They're not fading. DO NOT RECOMMEND BIO OIL OR ANY OTHER CREAM - I'LL GO MAD. :mad:

*sigh* I hate myself. I know it may sound petty, but honestly, imagine YOURSELF with these HORRENDOUS SCARS and let me know how you'd feel. :confused:

YEAH, I know EVERY girl supposedly has them, but none as many as mine. The ones on my breasts are most depressing of all. I'd rather cut them off and be flat chested. ******* STRAIE. :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    On the upside, it's the winter now!

No, seriously, you want to kill yourself because of some lines on your body that will eventually fade anyway? Imagine if something that was actually bad happened in your life...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    *sigh* I hate myself. I know it may sound petty, but honestly, imagine YOURSELF with these HORRENDOUS SCARS and let me know how you'd feel. :confused: :
    I have some from putting on a ridiculous amount of weight after taking a certain medication, also have a hell of a lot of other scars, can't say it's actually that bad, it's not nice at all but of all the things I'd kill myself for, stretch marks are waaaaay down on the list. :dontknow: Got a girlfriend who doesn't give a **** I have them, and don't get where you're getting this idea that no guy will come near you from. Wtf kind of idiot guy would turn down a hot fun friendly girl because she has some stretch marks? :lolwut: You can't help them and from my point of view of all the things that you could have that you can't help these really aren't that bad. You could be ugly for starters :p: Don't get me wrong, yeah they're not nice I get that but they're not worth killing yourself over especially if you have the false idea that no guy will touch you with them.

But listen right, if they really do get to you so much, why don't you get on with your life, get a good education, good job etc and then pay to have them removed with laser or whatever they do? If you feel **** about something then either try to learn to accept it (this isn't easy) or change it. They're the 2 best options, don't kill yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Come on girl! I have them too, just like you described, everywere on my body and especially on my back they are very prominent but I must say that I love them. I get compliments from guys when they see my back and I always tell them it's my personal "sea" cause it looks like the sea and I happen to love the sea so that's why it's special to me that I have them eventhough it may sound ridiculous. I've never had a guy that was scared or disgusted about them so don't worry about that. The skin on my inner thighs still breaks into new scars regularly but I don't pay attention to it at all. Btw I must state that I'm a size 8-10 so I'm not fat or anything, what's your size?

You are free to PM me if you want to talk about it!

ReputationRep:
    Hey i think all girls have that stretch marks!
    I have them on my thighs and buttocks because i lose/gain weight really fast *but its not noticeable.
    Im not fat either, im size 1 US size. I dont know how UK size thingy works.
    I dont really care about it. Its something that humans cant control.

ReputationRep:
    have laser surgery on them

Normally I'm sympathetic to people with body issues, having had some pretty bad experiences myself, but for God's sake. Get over yourself. Also, FYI, Bio-oil works.

Before you say anything, I've had them ever since I can remember. I'm 21 now. Female. I have them everywhere. On my breasts (these are the worst, they go so high up, I can't even wear a normal vest top in the summer, there's about 20 lines, very prominent). Then there's some behind my arms but blah, not that heartbreaking. Then I've got them on my inner and outer thighs, all the way down to my legs, really bad, they go past my knees. Also on my hips and butt. I've had them since I was around 12 years old I guess. They make me cry every night. I see girls wearing vest tops and shorts in the summer and I just wanna die. It's getting worse these days, as I realise no guy would want to even come near me if he saw them. It's SOOOOO depressing. They're VERY, VERY NOTICEABLE. They're not fading. DO NOT RECOMMEND BIO OIL OR ANY OTHER CREAM - I'LL GO MAD. :mad:

*sigh* I hate myself. I know it may sound petty, but honestly, imagine YOURSELF with these HORRENDOUS SCARS and let me know how you'd feel. :confused:

YEAH, I know EVERY girl supposedly has them, but none as many as mine. The ones on my breasts are most depressing of all. I'd rather cut them off and be flat chested. ******* STRAIE. :eek3:
    Are you actually serious? There are people out there who cry themselves to sleep every night and want to kill themselves because they're being raped or abused, people who cry themselves to sleep because they have no money and a family to feed, people who cry themselves to sleep because they have cancer or horrible illnesses, people who cry themselves to sleep because they're being bullied and their life is hell, people who have disabilities and can't live a normal life. My point is, you're here crying on a forum that you want to kill yourself because you have a few stretch marks on your breasts so you can't wear a low cut top and wave them in a guys face? - Wake up. I knew someone at school with horrific burns all over her face, did she whine and cry about it when people bullied her? No. She gets on with her life and makes the best of it. Stop being so ******* dramatic and be grateful that you have a life.

ReputationRep:

I kniow how you feel, I have a lot of keloid scars, which are prob worse than stretch marks. The ******* NHS wont give me laser surgery so I have had to pay for it myself

If you don't want us to recommend a cream then use foundation to cover it

ReputationRep:
    I have stretch marks too, they're a part of me, a part of my body. Learn to accept them, they will still exist, and probably fade away when you've stopped worrying about them! I'll bet they're not as bad as you think they are - everyone has things they hate and think are worse than they actually are!
    As for low cut tops in summer, use concealer? Surely they're white/red so concealer would work.
    Plus its winter now, revel in covering up with gorgeous jumpers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unborn-soul)
    If you don't want us to recommend a cream then use foundation to cover it
    :lolwut:

All over?

(Original post by kopi, ffs)
    :lolwut:

All over?
    I would say use cocoa butter but she doesn't was a cream. So might aswell cover yourself with foundation.

ReputationRep:
    You really need to try and get some perspective... there are people who lose their whole families in car crashes, people who are paralysed from the neck down in sporting accidents, people who miscarry very late in pregnancy and have to go through the ordeal of giving birth to their already dead baby... and you want to kill yourself because you think an aspect of your appearance is unattractive?

Seriously, if this is the worst thing in your life then you are an extremely lucky person. Go to your doctor, there are treatments that can be prescribed which are very effective in making stretch marks fade.

ReputationRep:
    I understand your pain, although mine arent nearly that bad, I am just as upset about the ones I have. I'm working on fixing it though and I think the only way is to get rid of them (besides spending hundreds on laser) is becoming so thin the skin goes! Yes its extreme but if you're suicidal over it I think you'd be willing to make the sacrifice. Whatever you do though dont lose weight rapidly as you will just create more stretch marks. Also scrub with a loofer every day. I've been doing this (losing weight and scrubbing) and now they're halfway gone.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it, they'll go away.

I had really bad stretch marks on my legs, and once I lost weight, they started to fade. I didn't even need to lose much, I lost a stone. They're still there, but they're a lot less noticeable now.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a guy and i have loads of them, and really couldn't care less about them, the way i see it is that if someone sees them and is put off, then they are incredibly shallow i wouldn't want to be with them anyways

ReputationRep:
    Im sure its not nice to have bad scars but try not to let it get u down, if u find a nice guy then they shldnt care (and i speak from experience on the scar front)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I have some from putting on a ridiculous amount of weight after taking a certain medication, also have a hell of a lot of other scars, can't say it's actually that bad, it's not nice at all but of all the things I'd kill myself for, stretch marks are waaaaay down on the list. :dontknow:
    What was the medication btw?

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel sometimes :sad:

Recently I looked into some sort of laser treatment. its quite expensive but there are a lot of people who have found it helps to reduce them. Bit more extreme than the creams. I'm sure you've seen them using laser treatments on people with scars on TV and it works the same way for stretch marks.

Hope maybe its something you can consider. If I had £300 knocking about I'd definitely do it.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.