The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sorry to sound harsh but you need to get over it :/
Stretch marks are no more than a cosmetic annoyance.
I have them pretty bad aswell. Boobs, bum and thighs.
I could whine about how unfair it is seeing as I am a stick pin and I only got them when I had a growth spurt aged 11 but what is that going to achieve?

I have a friend who when she was a child got awful burn scars all over herself when she knocked a saucepan of water down her front.
Now THOSE are noticeable scars.
Yet she is happy, positive and anything but suicidal.
Get some perspective.
Reply 41
Lord knows what this psycho will do when the wrinkles come...
I have a massive **** off scar on my chest from open heart surgery. Plus quite a lot of stretch marks on my thighs and tummy. Trust me, guys don't notice. They generally notice my scar, but are too polite to mention it. Stretch marks pass them by completely. They don't bother me in the slightest any more. I love my scar and my stretch marks, they make me individual. You're only young, I'm sure you'll get used to them as time goes on.
Reply 43
I don't have any stretch marks. Feels good man.
Original post by Xx.MissEG.xX
Your sig creeps me out.. I see it all the time too.

haha :P
Reply 45
No bloke is going to care about this (well I wouldn't) don't worry about it :smile: there are far more important factors I consider in a bird!
most guys couldn't give a **** about stretch marks.

I have them everywhere...name a body part and yep i got them.

get laser surgery.
Original post by newts2k
I kniow how you feel, I have a lot of keloid scars, which are prob worse than stretch marks. The ******* NHS wont give me laser surgery so I have had to pay for it myself

I had mine removed last august, I had it cut off.. I'm so happy I had it done.
You're "suicidal" because you have stretch marks?
Get a grip.
Reply 49
Original post by missjasmine
I had mine removed last august, I had it cut off.. I'm so happy I had it done.

What? Keloid scars?
Original post by Anonymous

*sigh* I hate myself. I know it may sound petty, but honestly, imagine YOURSELF with these HORRENDOUS SCARS and let me know how you'd feel. :confused:

Try being an ex-self harmer. Whilst I know it's different because my scars are self inflicted the scars are much worse and people often feel the need to ask about them. Like they need telling what they are. There are much worse scars to have than stretch marks.
Reply 51
Would you like a straw?

Coz you should suck it up.

You're taking this way out of proportion, your hating yourself too much, get out of the house, enjoy yourself, stop self-pitying and forget about them. It's that simple.
Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention how much worse people who are self conscious because of facial disfigurements have it. I bet some of them would love to be able to complain over some stretch marks instead.
Reply 53
Wow...
This thread's a bit old, but I'll answer anyway. Everybody has something they dislike about their appearance, and generally other people won't give a **** about this 'imperfection'. I've got a few stretch marks too, but I like being stripey. The vast majority of people will not care about something as minor as stretch marks, no matter how important they might seem in your eyes. So wear whatever clothes you want.
Original post by newts2k
What? Keloid scars?

Yeah I had 3 from piercings
:lolwut:
Reply 57
a nice guy wouldn't be phased by them :smile: there's like a laser procedure that can make them fade but I think it's fairly expensive. there isn't anything you can do really
Reply 58
I get jealous of girls wearing shorts cos my most noticable ones are on my inner thighs. There was a girl on embarrassing bodies who had loads of reds ones all over. They gave her laser treatment and they faded and filled out loads however it only really works well on red ones apparently. Yours must have faded by now. I'm just waiting til a more effective treatment comes along, they're making progress all the time
I have stretch marks. I'm too tall and grew too fast for my skin, so now my back looks like I've been whipped.

I can assure you that you're overreacting and assuming too much about what guys think about stretchmarks and so on. I see a girl showing a lot of skin, I'm thinking of something completely different.

Latest

Trending

Trending