Turn on thread page Beta

Stretchmarks making me suicidal :'( watch

ReputationRep:
    GTFO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilzoldier)
    have laser surgery on them
    Your sig creeps me out.. I see it all the time too.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, at least they aren't this bad; http://www.ohcu.ohiohealth.com/mayo/...etchmarks3.jpg

Unless they are, then wow.

ReputationRep:
    Tattoos. Would turn the attention to nice pictures and stuff...

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to sound harsh but you need to get over it :/
    Stretch marks are no more than a cosmetic annoyance.
    I have them pretty bad aswell. Boobs, bum and thighs.
    I could whine about how unfair it is seeing as I am a stick pin and I only got them when I had a growth spurt aged 11 but what is that going to achieve?

I have a friend who when she was a child got awful burn scars all over herself when she knocked a saucepan of water down her front.
    Now THOSE are noticeable scars.
    Yet she is happy, positive and anything but suicidal.
    Get some perspective.

ReputationRep:
    Lord knows what this psycho will do when the wrinkles come...

ReputationRep:
    I have a massive **** off scar on my chest from open heart surgery. Plus quite a lot of stretch marks on my thighs and tummy. Trust me, guys don't notice. They generally notice my scar, but are too polite to mention it. Stretch marks pass them by completely. They don't bother me in the slightest any more. I love my scar and my stretch marks, they make me individual. You're only young, I'm sure you'll get used to them as time goes on.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have any stretch marks. Feels good man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xx.MissEG.xX)
    Your sig creeps me out.. I see it all the time too.
    haha :P

ReputationRep:
    No bloke is going to care about this (well I wouldn't) don't worry about it there are far more important factors I consider in a bird!

ReputationRep:
    most guys couldn't give a **** about stretch marks.

I have them everywhere...name a body part and yep i got them.

get laser surgery.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newts2k)
    I kniow how you feel, I have a lot of keloid scars, which are prob worse than stretch marks. The ******* NHS wont give me laser surgery so I have had to pay for it myself
    I had mine removed last august, I had it cut off.. I'm so happy I had it done.

ReputationRep:
    You're "suicidal" because you have stretch marks?
    Get a grip.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missjasmine)
    I had mine removed last august, I had it cut off.. I'm so happy I had it done.
    What? Keloid scars?

(Original post by Anonymous)

*sigh* I hate myself. I know it may sound petty, but honestly, imagine YOURSELF with these HORRENDOUS SCARS and let me know how you'd feel. :confused:
    Try being an ex-self harmer. Whilst I know it's different because my scars are self inflicted the scars are much worse and people often feel the need to ask about them. Like they need telling what they are. There are much worse scars to have than stretch marks.

ReputationRep:
    Would you like a straw?

Coz you should suck it up.

You're taking this way out of proportion, your hating yourself too much, get out of the house, enjoy yourself, stop self-pitying and forget about them. It's that simple.

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention how much worse people who are self conscious because of facial disfigurements have it. I bet some of them would love to be able to complain over some stretch marks instead.

ReputationRep:
    Wow...

ReputationRep:
    This thread's a bit old, but I'll answer anyway. Everybody has something they dislike about their appearance, and generally other people won't give a **** about this 'imperfection'. I've got a few stretch marks too, but I like being stripey. The vast majority of people will not care about something as minor as stretch marks, no matter how important they might seem in your eyes. So wear whatever clothes you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newts2k)
    What? Keloid scars?
    Yeah I had 3 from piercings

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.