Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Going out to clubs alone - tip for guys who want to get more girls on their night out watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Svenjamin)
    That's the easy go-to answer for everything though. It's like those pyramid get rich quick schemes; when someone disagrees with it the usual come back is "you're just jealous" or "Fine, I'll let someone else earn the millions that could've been yours while you rot in your miserable dead-end job".
    He's got nothing to gain from this though, he isn't trying to sell anything or impress people with his anonymous advice/views on a student forum. Most guys on here are scared to even talk to a girl so the idea he is going out alone and pulling girls so easily with obviously evoke these sort of reactions. It's normal for girls to try and hate this sort of attitude aswell but it will be the same girls he's pulling even though they won't admit to it. He might come across as a bit of a knob sometimes but the majority of what he says is true in essence, people just dont like hearing it.

ReputationRep:
    treat em mean and keep em keen.

obvious - all girls love boys who are not goody two shoes'.

No one likes a nerdy weirdo freak of nature.

Better to go to the club yourself because you can sweet talk the girls and tell them everything they want to hear even if it is a lie without making yourself look stupid in front of ya mates.

I do it and im quite a big lad but it still works. They love the confidence you show and I actually had two girls fight over me and I took one home one night and the other a few nights later.

Well funny! and I got to watch a boxing fight without pay per view prices - Absolute brilliant week that was ! No subscription to sky or anything.

Seriously, the ones who go with other lads are the wierdo's because they look like they are prearranged stalking societies that go out with the main aim of meeting a group of girls to all go back to someones house.

No thanks.

I'd rather me and the girl without any interfering housemates.

ReputationRep:
    Mate, Id rather go out to get lashed. I'll leave you pussy-hunting loners alone. Mates over muff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    He's got nothing to gain from this though, he isn't trying to sell anything or impress people with his anonymous advice/views on a student forum. Most guys on here are scared to even talk to a girl so the idea he is going out alone and pulling girls so easily with obviously evoke these sort of reactions. It's normal for girls to try and hate this sort of attitude aswell but it will be the same girls he's pulling even though they won't admit to it. He might come across as a bit of a knob sometimes but the majority of what he says is true in essence, people just dont like hearing it.
    The post wasn't anything about the OP, but how people have responded in this thread as a whole. Making assumptions about strangers' sex life as a comeback to any contrary opinion is hardly a mature conversation. Not everyone who disagrees is a spineless virgin too afraid to speak to girls or an ashamed **** in denial. There are many ways of meeting people, not a single golden method, so to suggest everyone who disagrees with going to a club alone must be some stereotypical loser (as has been done again and again in this thread) is obviously not true.

ReputationRep:
    Poor advice is poor.

I find it quite sad that the top 5% of men who can get women into bed think they're the bomb.

Find a girl who isn't prudish and I guarantee you the sex won't eb boring. In fact, I would prefer as few notches on my belt if it meant poor quality shags, which most are these days.

Quality>quantity.

ReputationRep:
    lmfaaaoo girls STFU, you really think we'ere going to a club with our friends to dance with them for like 3-4 hours ? what are we ? ******s ?

hell no, look around, tons of beautiful girls drunk and ready to mingle, so im definetely chasing them, it doesn't make me creepy, it makes me ******* normal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Svenjamin)
    The post wasn't anything about the OP, but how people have responded in this thread as a whole. Making assumptions about strangers' sex life as a comeback to any contrary opinion is hardly a mature conversation. Not everyone who disagrees is a spineless virgin too afraid to speak to girls or an ashamed **** in denial. There are many ways of meeting people, not a single golden method, so to suggest everyone who disagrees with going to a club alone must be some stereotypical loser (as has been done again and again in this thread) is obviously not true.
    I'm not calling any of the people the things you are claiming you have got the wrong end of the stick. I'm not really in agreement with his attitude or advocating behaving like he does but his general point still stands. You will have much more success approaching a girl in a club alone than you would as a bunch of lads. I will often leave my mates and go around talking to different people in a club both guys and girls and it's perfectly acceptable and I've become friends with quite a few of them. The OP was about getting girls in clubs not girls in general and on that basis he is probably correct, although I do agree with what you are saying about meeting girls aswell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    No, going to a club alone so you can go on a girl hunt is both desperate and creepy.
    Desperate and creepy? How is it 'desperate and creepy' to go out totally focused on your objective, i.e. to meet someone of the opposite sex?

'Desperate and creepy' is what MOST men who go to clubs are....i.e.. guys who go out 'with the lads', get drunk, then stare at girls all night and grope then and drunkenly try to approach them at 3am. But the guy who goes out WITH CONFIDENCE to approach isn't creepy or desperate at all.

You sound like exactly the sort of girl who wants to attract men, but then complains when they approach you. Either that or you like to go to clubs to tease men and attract attention, and use men for free drinks while you lap up the attention, but you don't put out.

You just feel threatened that I've given some advice that might just help men to weed out manipulative women like you, and tip the balance back in favour of men

So unless you've got any useful and advice, and unless you can talk some sense, please keep your mouth shut.

(Original post by Ebony19)
    tip number 1.

Don't go to clubs on your own.
    See my point above. This applies to you too.

(Original post by ilovepolska)
    you're such a weirdo.
    really.
    Really? I didn't realise weirdos got laid. I must be the first. Woo hoo, I've made history in my lifetime!

If anyone else wants to come on here and talk **** about my advice, go ahead. I will break you down like a rubix cube....

ReputationRep:
    every boy goes to the club looking for some clunge unless they are gay.

However i go on my own as then I feel more comfortable approaching girls without a mate interfering and messing up my swagger.

Each to their own, some may like a friend as back up, nothing wrong with that.

What is wrong though is the people to scared to approach a girl they like, bit pathetic really, thinking cupid is magically going to bring them together.

Get a spine and go speak to her.

ReputationRep:
    The OP sounds like a pervert.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dcfc2007)
    The OP sounds like a pervert.
    Translation: I'm a guy who doesn't get laid and is jealous of the OP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_By_Choice)
    Translation: I'm a guy who doesn't get laid and is jealous of the OP.
    translation: you have 2 warnings and are such a badboy you think its funny to pick on other people from behind your computer screen. Hes entitled to his opinion.

I dont believe its perverted in any way at all.

A man and females sole purpose on earth is to reproduce in order for the human race to continue. Nothing wrong going to the club alone or as a group to meet women. I've done it both ways and prefer it alone. Thats just my choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jb9191)
    translation: you have 2 warnings and are such a badboy you think its funny to pick on other people from behind your computer screen. Hes entitled to his opinion.

I dont believe its perverted in any way at all.

A man and females sole purpose on earth is to reproduce in order for the human race to continue. Nothing wrong going to the club alone or as a group to meet women. I've done it both ways and prefer it alone. Thats just my choice.
    He was being a right gimp and trying to bash the OP, who was just giving out a bit of decent advice. I just can't stand people who tool people online just to act hard.

But at least you go to clubs alone, bet that other gimp who tooled the OP doesn't.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, you're so silly! You are the one with the issue, YOU don't like being told that you come across as a desperate creepy loser. :rolleyes:

I fail to see how my post, approx, 10 words can make me seem like the sort of girl you described. I DO NOT manipulate men, I do not use them for free drinks etc. That's morally wrong. Quite frankly, I can't stand girls that actually do that. What I'm saying is, it's more appealing (IMO) to talk to a guy who you believe is there to have a good time with his mates etc. If you're talking to a guy who has made it clear that he only wants one thing, it doesn't really make you feel special does it? Because you know, that you were just in the right place at the right time, and he could have been after anyone with a pulse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beadle's About)
    Desperate and creepy? How is it 'desperate and creepy' to go out totally focused on your objective, i.e. to meet someone of the opposite sex?

'Desperate and creepy' is what MOST men who go to clubs are....i.e.. guys who go out 'with the lads', get drunk, then stare at girls all night and grope then and drunkenly try to approach them at 3am. But the guy who goes out WITH CONFIDENCE to approach isn't creepy or desperate at all.

You sound like exactly the sort of girl who wants to attract men, but then complains when they approach you. Either that or you like to go to clubs to tease men and attract attention, and use men for free drinks while you lap up the attention, but you don't put out.
    e
    You just feel threatened that I've given some advice that might just help men to weed out manipulative women like you, and tip the balance back in favour of men

So unless you've got any useful and advice, and unless you can talk some sense, please keep your mouth shut.
    :rofl: !!! What you said is so bloody true bro. Btw do you stay sober while you persuit the ladies? Or do you get a lil tipsy.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, you're so silly! You are the one with the issue, YOU don't like being told that you come across as a desperate creepy loser. :rolleyes:

I fail to see how my post, approx, 10 words can make me seem like the sort of girl you described. I DO NOT manipulate men, I do not use them for free drinks etc. That's morally wrong. Quite frankly, I can't stand girls that actually do that. What I'm saying is, it's more appealing (IMO) to talk to a guy who you believe is there to have a good time with his mates etc. If you're talking to a guy who has made it clear that he only wants one thing, it doesn't really make you feel special does it? Because you know, that you were just in the right place at the right time, and he could have been after anyone with a pulse.
    What if that one thing he wants is to get to know or start a relationship with the girl he is trying to make conversation with?

Not every man wants to instantly get a girl into bed. Although its nice when it happens, it is better to get to know the girl first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jb9191)
    What if that one thing he wants is to get to know or start a relationship with the girl he is trying to make conversation with?

Not every man wants to instantly get a girl into bed. Although its nice when it happens, it is better to get to know the girl first.
    Well that's fair enough, but I got the impression that wasn't what OP had in mind. I still think it's fairly offputting though if you got talking with a guy and then found out he'd come by himself to meet women, it just makes me think he's either socially inept with no friends or is, as OP demonstrated hunting for females! :teehee: Theres nothing wrong with wanting to meet the opposite sex obviously but something about being alone makes me think "predator!!"

Personally i go clubbing to have a laugh with my mates! Chatting up girls isn't my aim on a night out, you seem rather desperate, sorry mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WarmEye)
    :rofl: !!! What you said is so bloody true bro. Btw do you stay sober while you persuit the ladies? Or do you get a lil tipsy.
    It depends. I rarely drink these days, and I went through a phase for a few years where I didn't drink at all; I would just drink water or soft drinks in night clubs. Not only was it cheaper, but I felt better the next day and I had a clearer head to focus on my objective, i.e. to meet girls.

Nowadays, I occasionally have a couple of drinks, because I enjoy a few beers when I go out. I don't get 'hammered' and I don't need to be drunk to approach girls, but a few beers doesn't hurt anyone.

Of course, in the daytime I will be 100% sober when approaching girls.

ReputationRep:
    Well that's fair enough, but I got the impression that wasn't what OP had in mind. I still think it's fairly offputting though if you got talking with a guy and then found out he'd come by himself to meet women, it just makes me think he's either socially inept with no friends or is, as OP demonstrated hunting for females! :teehee: Theres nothing wrong with wanting to meet the opposite sex obviously but something about being alone makes me think "predator!!"
    dont you think it shows bravery hunting alone like a lion instead of hunting in packs like hyena's?

ROAR!!!!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 29, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.