Turn on thread page Beta

Going out to clubs alone - tip for guys who want to get more girls on their night out watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    Lol, you're so silly! You are the one with the issue, YOU don't like being told that you come across as a desperate creepy loser. :rolleyes:
    I don't like people calling me 'desperate' or 'creepy' just because they don't agree with the advice I wrote in my original post. If you want to comment sensibly and intelligently on what I wrote, feel free.

But to just call me names because you disagree with my advice is WEAK and shows a lack of intelligence and lack of though about what you write, and also speaks volumes about your character.

I fail to see how my post, approx, 10 words can make me seem like the sort of girl you described. I DO NOT manipulate men, I do not use them for free drinks etc. That's morally wrong. Quite frankly, I can't stand girls that actually do that.
    Good, that's a healthy attitude.

What I'm saying is, it's more appealing (IMO) to talk to a guy who you believe is there to have a good time with his mates etc.
    This is ********. You'd find it appealing to talk to a guy you found ATTRACTIVE....regardless of whether he was 'with his mates' or whether he was out alone. All that would matter is that you were attracted to the guy....not who he was or wasn't out with that night.

If you're talking to a guy who has made it clear that he only wants one thing, it doesn't really make you feel special does it?
    Before we go any further, answer the following question honestly....

If a guy approached you, and he was looking for a one night stand/casual sex....would you prefer he:-

a) lied to you about/tried to hide his intentions, strung you along, manipulated or misled you to get you into bed?......OR

b) was totally honest and upfront about what he wanted?

And so what if someone is looking for 'one thing'? Women crack me up when they accuse men of 'only wanting one thing'. So? We're humans, we're MEANT to have sex. And women like sex just as much, if not MORE than men, so don't talk down to men for only wanting 'one thing'....there are plenty of women who 'only want one thing' (i.e. ****)....the only difference is women are taught to downplay their interest in sex for fear of being labelled as a 'slut' etc. Don't think that just because women hide their interest in sex more, that they don't want it. You are highly mistaken if you believe that.

Because you know, that you were just in the right place at the right time, and he could have been after anyone with a pulse.
    Your reasoning doesn't make any sense. What if, out of the girls he'd seen, you were he one he found most attractive and he wanted to meet you?

It's ******** to assume that just because a guy approaches you and is looking for sex, that he was just after 'anyone'.

I can tell by the way you write that your perception of men is coloured by experiences you've had. You make sweeping generalizations about men, without actually thinking rationally about what you're saying.

I really can't take you seriously....

ReputationRep:
    Edit: double post

ReputationRep:
    Edit: double post

ReputationRep:
    Well that's fair enough, but I got the impression that wasn't what OP had in mind. I still think it's fairly offputting though if you got talking with a guy and then found out he'd come by himself to meet women, it just makes me think he's either socially inept with no friends or is, as OP demonstrated hunting for females! :teehee: Theres nothing wrong with wanting to meet the opposite sex obviously but something about being alone makes me think "predator!!"
    Actually, 99% of the time if anyone asks me who I'm out with and I tell them I came out alone, it actually makes me seem MORE confident and MORE socially powerful. I've never ever found it to be to my detriment to go out alone, and I've never found people respond negatively to me for it.

You are so wrong it's untrue. You have no idea, you really don't.

I guarantee, despite what you say, if I was to meet you in a club and we had mutual attraction and chemistry, that you are the very type I would be exchanging orgasms with the same night...or at very least a few days/weeks later if we didn't have one-night stand the same night we met in the club. The fact that I was out 'alone' wouldn't even come into it.

In short....DON'T LISTEN TO WHAT WOMEN SAY, PAY ATTENTION ONLY TO WHAT THEY DO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiwiiiii)
    It is pretty common to go alone in a bar/club to get laid and it actually work for some people.
    Surely some clubs don't let ppl who are by themselves in? I've heard of clubs where guys get turned down if there aren't enough girls with their group, no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rich_183)
    Personally i go clubbing to have a laugh with my mates! Chatting up girls isn't my aim on a night out, you seem rather desperate, sorry mate
    I would be willing to bet you are a guy who doesn't get laid when he goes out. Going out to 'have a laugh with my mates' is fair enough if that is what you want to do. But if your objective is to meet women, then 'going out to have a laugh with your mates' won't get you far at all.

(Original post by Beadle's About)
    I would be willing to bet you are a guy who doesn't get laid when he goes out. Going out to 'have a laugh with my mates' is fair enough if that is what you want to do. But if your objective is to meet women, then 'going out to have a laugh with your mates' won't get you far at all.
    Thats true, I 'don't get laid when i go out', thats cos i don't want to!!! I prefer to get know someone before sleeping with them! I have standards, you sir, are a disgrace to mankind.

ReputationRep:
    you sir, are a disgrace to mankind.
    Explain that comment. Be very specific and clear in your reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by latentcorpse)
    Surely some clubs don't let ppl who are by themselves in? I've heard of clubs where guys get turned down if there aren't enough girls with their group, no?
    You don't go everywhere for that person and if you are a true player you can take girls with you for wing men ... awesome :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halfoflessthan50p)
    Why not go out with your platonic female friends rather than by yourself then? That way you can enjoy the night with some friends, it might help you meet a girl and you don't look like a sex pest?

Here's my advice on how to get all the pussy you want: Have an active social life, meet someone you like through friends, have a serious relationship based on love and companionship, avoid wearing goggles and furry hats at any point.
    haha i definitely don't think the OP has any platonic female friends :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Thats true, I 'don't get laid when i go out', thats cos i don't want to!!! I prefer to get know someone before sleeping with them! I have standards, you sir, are a disgrace to mankind.
    So the first time you find your girlfriend will be when she's completely tipsy, half naked and talking gibberish? Clubs are places to have 2 types of fun: Sex and dancing, not for relationships. You're better off going to bars or meet ladies in your school/work environment than clubs.

ReputationRep:
    HE'S COMING OUT

HE WANTS THE WORLD TO KNOW!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    I actually LOL IRL when anyone refers to the whole alpha male/beta male thing.

The reason it's so great is that virtually everyone who uses the term "alpha male" - and certainly everyone who refers to himself as one - is by their own terminology a beta male.

Beadle never referred to himself or used the term 'alpha' you know...

ReputationRep:

*Virgin Alert*

(Original post by Barden)
    *Virgin Alert*
    Just cos i dont go to clubs for sex makes me a virgin? How does that work....? Have you ever heard of having sex with someone you actually know? Oh no, course you haven't, you wouldn't have the balls to do that, you need to be pissed and meet some random girl cos your so desperate

ReputationRep:
    Just cos i dont go to clubs for sex makes me a virgin? How does that work....? Have you ever heard of having sex with someone you actually know? Oh no, course you haven't, you wouldn't have the balls to do that, you need to be pissed and meet some random girl cos your so desperate

LOL, i'm merely of the opinion that sex is sex, and I'm not gonna turn it down just because 'i want it to be special' - jeez, you sound like a girl getting wound up at the prospect of losing her virginity :rofl:

For the record, I've never had a one night stand, however I don't try to kid myself that I don't get much casual sex because I don't want it.

ReputationRep:

Aww I bet you go to the clubs with your male friends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhn-Dlyn0TE

Ooohh friend.. Club friend.. you cant get a girl friend! thats why you go to the club with your clubbing male friend.. ooohh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barden)
    Beadle never referred to himself or used the term 'alpha' you know...
    What're you, his fan club?

It is implicit in his (negatively intended) labelling of another poster as a 'beta male' that he believes himself to be an 'alpha male'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    What're you, his fan club?

It is implicit in his (negatively intended) labelling of another poster as a 'beta male' that he believes himself to be an 'alpha male'.
    But assuming he is right about his theory, he has every right to label people as inferior... Either you have confidence or not. If you have no confidence you are inferior.

ReputationRep:
    I go on pussy patrols in me mum's car

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 29, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.