Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you think this is worrying or am I fine? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm a little worried atm. I was good in the past sexually, and I managed to stay a virgin till the age of 21 yay go me. But now that I've reached my 27th year, reckon I might have to be more careful about my sexuality again! I'm already up to 6 men.

5 of these were in relationships though...

I'm a bit scared - starting to feel I should tone it down a bit and try celibacy for a couple months now that I'm single. What does TSR think about this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella)
    I'm a little worried atm. I was good in the past sexually, and I managed to stay a virgin till the age of 21 yay go me. But now that I've reached my 27th year, reckon I might have to be more careful about my sexuality again! I'm already up to 6 men.

I'm a bit scared - starting to feel I should tone it down a bit and try celibacy for a couple months now that I'm single. What does TSR think about this?
    Why the **** do you 'feel the need to tone it down a bit' just because you're single? Have sex if you want to, if you don't then don't. You've been with all of 6 men - big deal!

You sound like you've attached shame or guilt to sex. I understand that women are taught to downplay their sexuality for fear of being judged as a 'slut' by society, but even so! Women should NEVER have to feel bad for enjoying sex!

It's 2010 for *****'s sake....people need to start seeing sex for what it really is, i.e. a normal, healthy human need and nothing to feel guilty about.

Let your own sex drive be the decider of whether you have sex or not, not the opinions of people on a forum or what society/religion etc says!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beadle's About)
    Why the **** do you 'feel the need to one it down a bit' just because you're single? Have sex if you want to, if you don't then don't. You've been with all of 6 men - big deal!

You sound like you've attached shame or guilt to sex. I understand that women are taught to downplay their sexuality for fear of being judged as a 'slut' by society, but even so! Women should NEVER have to feel bad for enjoying sex!

It's 2010 for *****'s sake....people need to start seeing sex for what it really is, i.e. a normal, healthy human need and nothing to feel guilty about.

Let your own sex drive be the decider of whether you have sex or not, not the opinions of people on a forum or what society/religion etc says!!!
    I kind of agree with this.

ReputationRep:
    Im 21, just started having sex when I was 20 last year. I've since had sex with 3 people - 2 in relationships and one not so much. So if you're a slut then I guess that makes me a whore...

Seriously, this post and all your other posts are worrying in that you claim to be a switched-on 27 year old but really don't act like one. Surely you should have your own mind by now and know what's right and what's wrong, and have some self-respect (not just talking about this thread). IMVHO you are either retarded or attention-seeking or both

ReputationRep:
    This is a bit silly. Just enjoy your life, woman.

ReputationRep:
    Have sex if you want it, don't stop for anyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danielle89)
    Seriously, this post and all your other posts are worrying in that you claim to be a switched-on 27 year old but really don't act like one. Surely you should have your own mind by now and know what's right and what's wrong, and have some self-respect (not just talking about this thread). IMVHO you are either retarded or attention-seeking or both
    Lol I'm switched on when it comes to work and other things in life, like driving (believe me, I'm the one who dishes out advice to all my friends when it comes to that ) just when it comes to stuff like this I probably need some help :o:

I have lots of self-respect, I have standards that's why my sexual partner count is so low!

You're right about some things though, and I know what you mean hun, I'll stop posting about that ex

I'll do it for you hehe. I'm not attention-seeking, I just want to know I'm doing the right thing.

ReputationRep:

By employing this rule, it renders your own (already useless) advice irrelevant.... Dumbass.

ReputationRep:
    Why the **** do you 'feel the need to tone it down a bit' just because you're single? Have sex if you want to, if you don't then don't. You've been with all of 6 men - big deal!

ABSOLUTE RUBBISH......sorry, I couldn't find a less direct way to put it...... Based on your post, I will not be surprised if you are probably in your late teens , 20 or 21.....

OP, I "understand" your perspective on the sex thing and as a very matured person, I totally understand why you will feel you need to be "responsible" in your approach towards sex.

Yes, sex is a normal and healthy ( well, this can be argued against), act, but I believe it should be done responsibly. I applaud someone like you who feels a need to be responsible in terms of the way they have sex..however, I wouldn't be too hard on myself, if I were you. My advice, dont worry about the number of sexual partners you have had in the past.....As long as you dont go around having sex with random people, then you are fine... Since you are single , maybe it is time to "mingle" and see if you can find a good guy to be in a relationship with.. At that point, you can have all the sex you want.

6 partners for a 27 year old is not bad.....

Goodluck....

ReputationRep:

Ok thanks, this is quite a nice post by you but I live in a society where women do get looked down upon if they've been with a certain number of men. I'm serious like I think if you're 30 and the number is over 10, a guy friend of mine says that although acceptable, it'll 'raise eyebrows' (his words and not mine!).

It sucks, as it doesn't appear to apply for males, but meh.

I'm the type of person who IRL, keeps these thing to herself anyway but it's good to be able to talk about it once in a while, and that is why I choose TSR

Control yourself women!

ReputationRep:
    Bah, celibacy is overrated. Nothing wrong with 6 blokes in 6 years. Nothing wrong with 20 blokes in 6 years, tbh. Are you hurting people? No? Carry on then =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by int_applicant)
    ABSOLUTE RUBBISH......sorry, I couldn't find a less direct way to put it...... Based on your post, I will not be surprised if you are probably in your late teens , 20 or 21.....

OP, I "understand" your perspective on the sex thing and as a very matured person, I totally understand why you will feel you need to be "responsible" in your approach towards sex.

Yes, sex is a normal and healthy ( well, this can be argued against), act, but I believe it should be done responsibly. I applaud someone like you who feels a need to be responsible in terms of the way they have sex..however, I wouldn't be too hard on myself, if I were you. My advice, dont worry about the number of sexual partners you have had in the past.....As long as you dont go around having sex with random people, then you are fine... Since you are single , maybe it is time to "mingle" and see if you can find a good guy to be in a relationship with.. At that point, you can have all the sex you want.

6 partners for a 27 year old is not bad.....

Goodluck....
    Haha thanks for this hun, this is just about the best post I've seen on here all day

I definitely don't get sexual with randoms who I haven't met before, that's just not me I'm afraid

I prefer to get to know someone first. Cheers for your post and it's not only made me feel better but given good perspective on some things I wasn't clear about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schmokie Dragon)
    Bah, celibacy is overrated. Nothing wrong with 6 blokes in 6 years. Nothing wrong with 20 blokes in 6 years, tbh. Are you hurting people? No? Carry on then =)
    Thanks hun, and I play by the rules - I do the right thing so no I'm not hurting anyone you're completely right, I like you x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella)

I'm more worried about your attitude towards sex in general than your moderate amount of it. It seems very indoctrinationy.

ReputationRep:
    Is "Socially Overly Conscious" a phrase? Because it fits the OP perfectly.

ReputationRep:
    lol

look there are two types of people;

those who care about your 'number'
    those who don't

for those who care, the less the better

TBH most people would wonder about your 6 relationships in 6 years rather than having sex with 6 guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubershot)
    lol

look there are two types of people;

those who care about your 'number'
    those who don't

for those who care, the less the better

TBH most people would wonder about your 6 relationships in 6 years rather than having sex with 6 guys
    Haha good point!

And I did have a fling with a very well-known surfer where I live, so it's only 5 relationships

The first lasted 3 years, fling, 1 month, 1 year, 1.5 years... 2 months.

Hope that answers your questions x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BumperBo)
    I'm more worried about your attitude towards sex in general than your moderate amount of it. It seems very indoctrinationy.
    Yeah you're right, it does sound a bit 'formal' the way I'm talking about it on here lol.

I assure you I'm not like this IRL! It's one of those things I had to ask though, like I'd be laughed at by most of my friends if I admitted my concern over this... :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    Is "Socially Overly Conscious" a phrase? Because it fits the OP perfectly.
    Hey, I'm proud of my low guy count thank you very much!

I love your sig btw.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 3, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.