Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Possible to change seminar group? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i got allocated my seminar group on friday i wanted to be in group 2 but im in group 1 is it possible to change? and has anyone changed theirs? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Anything is possible if you have God. :top:

ReputationRep:
    I need some advice anyone

ReputationRep:
    it is, but it's dependent on departments. do you have a legitimate reason to, or not?

contact your seminar teacher, or your supervisor and ask.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohaidani)
    it is, but it's dependent on departments. do you have a legitimate reason to, or not?

contact your seminar teacher, or your supervisor and ask.
    thankyou for replying, the reason is in my group there are too many boys and i wouldnt be comfortable and hardly any girls and i know the girls in the other group who i am comfortable with, is that a gud reason?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by black_mage)
    thankyou for replying, the reason is in my group there are too many boys and i wouldnt be comfortable and hardly any girls and i know the girls in the other group who i am comfortable with, is that a gud reason?
    imo, it depends on the set up of your module. on one of my modules, there are two seminar groups. it's so personal the same guy does both of them, and provided at the end of the day (one seminar is at 2, one is at 3) you're on his register he doesn't mind which one you turn up to! if it's like that, there is a high chance they will swap oyu.

for another module, there are 17 seminar groups. they are all lead by different people. changing seminar groups would mean a massive rescheduling, and some one else having to swap with you too. this would be deemed as too much hassle for such an insignificant reason, so you wouldn't be swapped.

contact your supervisor or a member of your department ASAP, you could probably email them now if you were to look on your department's website and find the appropriate person.

i wouldn't bother switching, personally. a seminar with different people allows you to establish new relationships with new people so you will find more friends & fit in better, also more people to later discuss uni work with. your seminar groups may be switched every term to allow for maximum 'exposure' to everyone on your course, so you switching back all the time will be redundant!

uni is the time to grow confidence and get over worries like this, use your opportunity!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.