Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I did horrible in my A/S level Business and it has always bothered me.

I have found the course. It is taught part time in the evening so it doesn't look like it would affect my uni studies...

What I want to know is whether this would be ok? Does studying a one day a week evening a/s level affect ones degree studies?

The college which offers this course is "Ealing, Hammersmith and West London college" (yes they are a three location college in one)

http://www.wlc.ac.uk

Is this a good college?

If I enrol now, have i missed too much of the course already?

Please help.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I don't see how it will affect you. If you are hard-working and determined you can mange both. However, if you're struggling and I mean not getting top grades or above average on your assignment I would say no.

Good luck. quote me and let me know what you decided
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Why are you doing it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by her)
    To be honest I don't see how it will affect you. If you are hard-working and determined you can mange both. However, if you're struggling and I mean not getting top grades or above average on your assignment I would say no.

Good luck. quote me and let me know what you decided
    Thanks for your advice...

I want to enrol on the course but I wonder whether I've missed too much of the term to catch up and whether I should just enroll next year?

I will have to pay over £300 for the course and I don't want it to go to waste, simply because I was playing catch up for most of the year.

I'm probably being mellow dramatic as I'm currently doing a business management BSc

I also wonder whether the college is any good or whether teaching quality matters when it comes to evening classes?

I will e-mail the school with my concerns and see what they say. I will also keep you posted on my final decision

Thanks again.

(Original post by Ice_Queen)
    Why are you doing it?
    1. Because I only did the A/S and I did badly in that... So redemption.

2. Always wanted the full A Level (Plan is to complete the A2 the following year.

3. I need more UCAS points so that I can apply for all the top graduate schemes.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Veedee)

1. Because I only did the A/S and I did badly in that... So redemption.

2. Always wanted the full A Level (Plan is to complete the A2 the following year.

3. I need more UCAS points so that I can apply for all the top graduate schemes.
    Surely it's better to redeem it with a good degree?

And the top grad schemes often require the points within two years, depending on where you're appying anyway.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.