The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
captnibby1234
Like you can flop it out in the club in front of everybody...

I practically walk around with mine out all day, it drags a bit but I get the ladeeez
Anonymous
Ok me and mate - who happens to look like your typical heartthrob guy - were basically trying to get "lucky" in the club.
The club was massive and the girls were smashing.
We had a bet on who can get the most luckiest, and as you can see...I failed
Every hot girl I started to make a friendly convo with just wasn't interested and quickly disappeared in the crowd with her "friends". But when my mate did the same thing you don't have to be a rocket scientist to know what happened next.

So my question is how can an average guy have a shot with a really attractive girl when they can get dismissed so easily?

Rohypnol. Or Chloroform. They'll be all over you by the time you get home. Literally
MagicNMedicine
Unfortunately it's not going to happen for you in a club. The only way would be to become famous, a lot of footballers are average in the looks departments but have girls all over them.

Don't have bets with good looking guys or even try to compare yourself with them for who gets attention in clubs, clubs are places which pair people up on instant physical attraction alone, the amount of attention you get is in direct proportion to your looks. However don't stress too much as in any club probably 80-90% of the guys in there are not getting any attention at all, and whilst a greater proportion of the girls are getting attention, a lot of them aren't getting attention from the type of guys they want!

bro, come on. that's a bit harsh.
Getting girls home from clubs is logistically difficult for many reasons eg. getting her from her friend, stopping any potential sabotages. Looks help alot too, but if you got decent game, things are easier. However, I reckon a good looking guy with good game could do better than an average dude with great game. This is mainly because you can't really game per se drunk women
Being super confident and kind of cheeky/charming, other girls being after you, social status (being very popular, or being the DJ, some girls always go for the DJ), working on your body.
Reply 24
Reply 25
didgeridoo12uk
confidence.

Simply this
Reply 26
Anonymous
Yeah Im working on that...

Nah, dont worry about the money, that will ust attract the wrong girls, you need to knowa girl wants you for you and not your money. Work on your charm, women love charming men witha good sense of humour. An aervage looking man with charm, charisma is humour is better than a good looking man with no charm or personality for sure.
get the girl drunk...like **** drunk , she would be ready to sleep with a dog then...
Reply 28
didgeridoo12uk
confidence.

This. But OP, if a girl REALLY isn't interested, just back off. A hyper-inflated ego won't do you any good :no:
Reply 29
You sound like Jay from the Inbetweeners.
Reply 30
Dude if you're with that guy girls are instantly going to place you higher but you have to make that little leap to go just that bit further.

You have to flirt outrageously but perfectly. Also you should try to make her jealous by stop paying her any attention, walking away to talk with other girls (pretend it's going brilliantly with them) then come back to her and try it on some more.
JDI
Get rich

i agree.
i once saw peter stringfellow speak - at the oxford union as it happens. and he said, "i found that once i'd become rich i also became incredibly good-looking"!
didgeridoo12uk
confidence.

This.
Jeez you judge a girl's worth by how fit she is but you admit you're no Brad Pitt. Double standards. Why shouldn't a hot girl want a hot guy? Perhaps go for someone who's the same attractiveness as you.

Men.

:shakes head:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 34
Ignore people saying you can't. That's ********. I'm average looking, and I'm often not lonely in clubs.
Just have personality. If you're talking with a girl and you're stuttering and going "eheheheheeheh" throughout, you could be the hottest chip in the frying pan and still turn her off. Be confident, possibly a bit abrasive and out-there. Alcohol usually remedies the rest, for both sides.
Reply 35
Anonymous
Ok me and mate - who happens to look like your typical heartthrob guy - were basically trying to get "lucky" in the club.
The club was massive and the girls were smashing.
We had a bet on who can get the most luckiest, and as you can see...I failed:rolleyes:
Every hot girl I started to make a friendly convo with just wasn't interested and quickly disappeared in the crowd with her "friends". But when my mate did the same thing you don't have to be a rocket scientist to know what happened next.

So my question is how can an average guy have a shot with a really attractive girl when they can get dismissed so easily?

Not your fault mate but good on you for trying. These days girls have far too many defences up, and will be suspicious and unfriendly to you EVEN IF YOU AREN'T CHATTING THEM UP. They don't want to be seen as "easy" so they do their best to look good in front of their friends.
Nowadays they'll turn you down just because they can and they get a buzz off it. The only time it works if they're drunk and then they've stopped being so insecure and self concious.
Reply 36
By people a complete and utter **** to them.
Reply 37
- Wear fashionable/expensive clothes. Failing that, just wear something that'll make you stand out.
- Make sure you're well groomed + smell nice.
- Be incredibly confident. Never expect to get shot down.
- Appear popular.
- If you've got a special talent/money etc, subtly let the girls know about it without looking like you're trying to impress them.
Approach. Make her chuckle. Buy her a drink. Dance with her (preferably poorly, but flirtily). Pay her an uncomfortable amount of attention. Buy her another drink. Take her home.
Smoke.

You actually get to talk to people, and giving girls a light/cigarette is a great way to begin conversation.
Like it or not non-smokers, it is like a social club.

Latest

Trending

Trending