Turn on thread page Beta

do they want me to go out and beat someone to death with a shovel or is there reason watch

ReputationRep:
    i mean seriously. you spend thousands of pounds of lessons, tests, getting the car and the flipping insurance is stupid money. so you think fine. well now i can't do the 15 things you intended to do because you can't get there but you think fine. i accept that. i'll find another way. so you think about a motorbike. thats pretty bad money too but comparatively ok. then you need someone to store it. so then you have to look at shed prices and putting down a base. I only want to be on the road for 1 year before uni and no matter how hard i try it's bl**dy stupid. sorry for ranting but someone please tell me a respectable way to get around. i mean if i go out with a girl or something i don't want her to have to call her parents for a lift back and taxi's are stupid money all the time. how degrading is it too have to rely on your parents to take you back on a friday or saturday night after the cinema or something. how are we meant to have self repect.

they are just p*ssing on us and not even having the decency to call it rain.

ReputationRep:
    Do you know what the solution is? Beat someone to death with a shovel. It's worked EVERY TIME for me.

ReputationRep:
    what you need doing? :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giantlemon)
    i mean seriously. you spend thousands of pounds of lessons, tests, getting the car and the flipping insurance is stupid money. so you think fine. well now i can't do the 15 things you intended to do because you can't get there but you think fine. i accept that. i'll find another way. so you think about a motorbike. thats pretty bad money too but comparatively ok. then you need someone to store it. so then you have to look at shed prices and putting down a base. I only want to be on the road for 1 year before uni and no matter how hard i try it's bl**dy stupid. sorry for ranting but someone please tell me a respectable way to get around. i mean if i go out with a girl or something i don't want her to have to call her parents for a lift back and taxi's are stupid money all the time. how degrading is it too have to rely on your parents to take you back on a friday or saturday night after the cinema or something. how are we meant to have self repect.

dude, thats the whole point. your a young driver (i assume) and according to the statisticians your the riskiest driver. so the way insurances see it, if your really wanna drive then its gonna cost you the privilage. they dont want you on the roads idealy thats the general idea, keeping the roads risk free basically.

ReputationRep:
    Get a grip. All new drivers have to pay a lot.

I couldn't afford a car when I first passed, never mind the insurance, so think yourself lucky if you've actually got that far.

ReputationRep:
    Get a job.
    Get some money.
    Park on the road.
    Do it the way everyone else has done it.
    Stop *****ing about life being "unfair".

If you're not in a financial position to get a car, then don't. It's not compulsory, and you have legs for a reason.

ReputationRep:
    I sympathise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Get a job.
    Get some money.
    Park on the road.
    Do it the way everyone else has done it.
    Stop *****ing about life being "unfair".

If you're not in a financial position to get a car, then don't. It's not compulsory, and you have legs for a reason.
    brillaint. its not like i have a job, or that i don't want to buy a car to have it bricked in the screen, or that everyone else goes on their parents insurance, or that you can't walk 52 miles there and back every week to just get to important things. and for your information i have had to have a month off work due to an accident where my leg was cut open. just got off the crutches so the whole work and legs for a reason isn't so helpful a comment.

thank you for your input.

ReputationRep:
    brillaint. its not like i have a job, or that i don't want to buy a car to have it bricked in the screen, or that everyone else goes on their parents insurance, or that you can't walk 52 miles there and back every week to just get to important things. and for your information i have had to have a month off work due to an accident where my leg was cut open. just got off the crutches so the whole work and legs for a reason isn't so helpful a comment.

Cool.
    I don't have a car and I get on just fine. :yy:
    Use public transport?

ReputationRep:

you have a massive chip on your shoulder and i would kindly ask you to fill it.

get a job. it isn't hard. not having one is no excuse. if you really wanted this and weren't such a whiny child you'd invest time into it.

i'm playing the world's smallest violin for you.

ReputationRep:
    You're bizzare...

If you really need a car, work, purchase. Simple as.

I passed my test almost a year ago but decided no to bother buying a car just yet. I'm working and could easily save up - but I know I'd not use the car often enough to justify constantly spending my earnings on it. I'd prefer to buy cool stuff and have epic nights out.

If you really NEED a car, then man up and save up.

ReputationRep:
    stop crying jeez, if you act like that no girl is ever going out on a date with you so you won't even have to think about the ride back

ReputationRep:
    Buses and trains? I wouldn't mind not getting a lift back from a guy after going out, I wouldn't expect him to have a car - and most people that do have one have had it bought by their parents which is hardly a reason to respect them or whatever.

How about a regular bike that turns into a tandem for these dates?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peace0fM1nd)
    dude, thats the whole point. your a young driver (i assume) and according to the statisticians your the riskiest driver. so the way insurances see it, if your really wanna drive then its gonna cost you the privilage. they dont want you on the roads idealy thats the general idea, keeping the roads risk free basically.
    Good lord you have apostrophes.

Anyway, it's not just being young but also being male.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtEp5yc-g3A

ReputationRep:

My insurance cost me £1600pa, which is roughly £5 a day. Taxi's dont look too expensive now do they.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Use a sledgehammer instead.

ReputationRep:
    Christ, man the hell up.
    As others have said, either you can afford it, it is worth the money, and you get it; or you can't/it isn't worth it and you don't.
    Most people don't have cars, and, unless you haden't noticed, girlfriends are reserved for only those with automobiles.

If you can afford it then go get it and quit moaning, and if you can't then stop posting cry-baby topics here and go find yourself a job.
    It is embarassing to see an 18 year old being so pathetic, I hope you can grow up before getting to university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SacreBleu)
    My insurance cost me £1600pa, which is roughly £5 a day. Taxi's dont look too expensive now do they.
    1600pa is good. try looking at the best quotes which are 2500p.a. as for 1600p.a. cheaper than a taxi its not. work out how often you use the car. now imagine paying a taxi for every trip.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rai)
    you have a massive chip on your shoulder and i would kindly ask you to fill it.

get a job. it isn't hard. not having one is no excuse. if you really wanted this and weren't such a whiny child you'd invest time into it.

i'm playing the world's smallest violin for you.
    in case you don't realise i have a job. but jobs don't pay much if it's part time. a weekend doesn't get you much money. i have enough to get insurance now if i wanted however i don't intend to spend that money on insurance for one year when i will use it for a DofE trip i am doing to increase my c.v. so i can go to uni. investing time into making money seems to be all i am doing. i find it difficult not ot be a "whiny child" when i don't see myself getting anywhere.

how about some constructive criticism since that was the point of this thread.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.