Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

really bad spots on my forehead yet none anywhere else on the face? :( Watch

ReputationRep:
    i've got really bad spots or acne or whatever you call it. please look away if your squemish because its not very nice . i've tried everything from clearasil to clean and clear and none of them seems to work! they only seems to go temporarily and after a week or so they come back! also got blackheads too all over the face

i do everything listed here:

1) drink plenty of water (1-2 litres)
    2) exercise 60 mins daily( do more because i play team sports)
    3) face wash, scrub and mask morning and night
    4) i've asked my mum for help but she's got it as bad as me as well
    5) used tree oil, tea leaves and all that. herbal medicine and all.
    6) fruit and veg

please help guys. its totally shattering my confidence. i wouldn't ask my friends as they don't really mind my spots and don't really ask much if it. also i just found out my friend who i've been with for 5 years loves me..... so i don't want her to see me with billions of spots in my face!
    i want her to see the spot,blemish and all that -free that i was 5 years ago!

thanks guys

also the cause of my blackheads was from brylcream (hair styling gel) so i use V05 which doesn't cause more blackheads to appear. however even blackheads removing scrub, wash and all that doesn't get rid! help
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    the simple answer = hair products/shampoo

happened to my sister. she wanted a more natural way of dealing with it, she switched shampoo to bi-carbonate of soda. and she trys not to use any styling products, i have a feeling she uses some natural mousse or something but that im not too sure.

this WILL fix the problem.

ReputationRep:
    My friend went to the doctors about having really bad spots, and they gave her anti-biotics. Perhaps this would help?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you should wash your hair more often, or have your fringe cut, or both. I had a similar problem back in year 8 :/ now I'm left with hideous scars above my eyebrows!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegoodthebadandtheTom)
    Sounds like you should wash your hair more often, or have your fringe cut, or both. I had a similar problem back in year 8 :/ now I'm left with hideous scars above my eyebrows!
    so hair care is related to skincare?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anando)
    Hair contains sebum or 'natural oils'. It also contains other oils and grease if you choose to apply conditioners to your hair.

If you have a fringe, it can cause oil to block the pores over the skin you're covering. So yeah, if you have a fringe, either keep it very clean or cut it.

ReputationRep:
    Get a big fringe?

Sorry... Seriously though, sometimes just regularly warm-flannel-washing your face with just water can help, clearasil and stuff tends to dry out your face if you use it too much and the "affected area" is quite large.
    As people above have said, cut down on any horrible chemically things you're sticking on your face/hair, keep drinking and exercising and see your doctor who may be able to prescribe you summat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anando)
    Definitely - my brother had loads of spots on his forehead because he let his fringe grow quite long and your hair has oils and stuff in. Especially my brother who played with his fringe a lot to make sure it looked right so it got greasier and the grease from his hair caused his forehead to become spotty.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 2, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.