Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey I wanted to know what people normally wear to the gym and what a 150lb skinny guy should wear?

And I want specifics please people. Thanks.

ReputationRep:

Brilliant for everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsforsale)

Brilliant for everything.
    Yes but if you wear white it will get stained with sweat and god knows what else. Also it looks pretty hot and there is the danger of heat stroke.

Thus my conclusion is that this item of clothing is very impractical for gym purposes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    Yes but if you wear white it will get stained with sweat and god knows what else. Also it looks pretty hot and there is the danger of heat stroke.

Thus my conclusion is that this item of clothing is very impractical for gym purposes.
    It's also impractical if you want your dignity in tact when you walk out of said gym.

ReputationRep:
    erm t shirt does fine

ReputationRep:
    T shirt and shorts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    Hey I wanted to know what people normally wear to the gym and what a 150lb skinny guy should wear?

And I want specifics please people. Thanks.
    You wear the same sort of stuff as someone who's not skinny. Stuff that's comfortable, and doesn't get in the way of what you're doing in the gym.

So, most days I wear a tatty loose t-shirt, shorts, rugby socks and weightlifting shoes. One day a week I wear tracksuit bottoms instead of shorts (prefer deadlifting in trackies).

ReputationRep:
    How tall are you OP? if you're over 6ft then you may want to wear something full length if your legs are a bit spindly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspiringlawstudent)
    How tall are you OP? if you're over 6ft then you may want to wear something full length if your legs are a bit spindly
    Why? Nobody gives a **** if you're skinny. Nobody is going to say anything to you.

It's all about practicality, and shorts are more practical for most forms of exercise.

ReputationRep:
    T-shirt made of sports shirt material. Go on kitbag, central sports.com etc. For bottom half tracksuit bottoms/shorts depending on whether you expect to sweat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RawJoh1)
    Why? Nobody gives a **** if you're skinny. Nobody is going to say anything to you.

It's all about practicality, and shorts are more practical for most forms of exercise.
    His question asked "what people would normally wear to the gym and what a 150lb skinny guy should wear".

As there is no set rule as to what one should wear at the gym, i gave an opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Basketball shorts + a vest/t shirt.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.