Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, im off to Uni next year and am looking at Manchester University (I think i have a tiny chance!), Leicester, Heriot-Watt(ourskirts of edinburgh), Aberdeen and dundee.
    Unfortunalty ive never been to any of them really, I need a city with a good night life, cinemas and as well as bars and stuff.
    Not big on clubs but hey.
    Just need some city ideas which are interesting for 3-4 years.
    PS- I live in newcastle and its a awesome city to be in, but i'd like to get away to somewhere new.
    Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    You can't get much better than Manchester. I live there and I miss it like mad when I'm away.

I study in Liverpool, I chose it because I wanted another big city that wasn't miles and miles away (but I could still live away from home). It's great, but Manchester will always have the edge, the nightlife is immense.

ReputationRep:
    Agree with Cybele

Manchester>Aberdeen>Leicester>Du ndee>Heriot-Watt

ReputationRep:
    Manchester is a very nice, interesting and exciting place. It is hard not to find something you enjoy in a place with the diversity and fun of Manchester, unlike Birmingham which is a particularly dull and dreary place unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vhvhvh)
    Manchester is a very nice, interesting and exciting place. It is hard not to find something you enjoy in a place with the diversity and fun of Manchester, unlike Birmingham which is a particularly dull and dreary place unfortunately.

No, it isn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    No, it isn't.
    As a resident of Birmingham, I can vouch that it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vhvhvh)
    As a resident of Birmingham, I can vouch that it is.
    As a resident of Birmingham, I can vouch that it isn't.

Let's agree to disagree.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 4, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.