Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Exam Certificates and Enrollment watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if this is the correct sub-forum for this question.

I'm about to send off my UCAS application, but I can't find several of my GCSE certificates or my music certificates which I've listed on the application. Do most universities request all certificates at enrollment or just A-level ones?

ReputationRep:
    Good question, I have lost my ICT certificats

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to know this too!

ReputationRep:
    I'd also like to know this... we're all awful! :blush:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    I'd also like to know this... we're all awful! :blush:
    Haha!

We have no answers, perhaps one of us should make it our mission to find out?
    Ring unis, ask uni friends etc?

Or.. perhaps we could just leave it until it gets to the last minute...
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Hey

Just your A Level results are needed

xoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quintessence42)
    Not sure if this is the correct sub-forum for this question.

I'm about to send off my UCAS application, but I can't find several of my GCSE certificates or my music certificates which I've listed on the application. Do most universities request all certificates at enrollment or just A-level ones?
    You may be asked to produce certificates for any or all of your qualifications. If you can't find them, arrange for duplicates to be provided. Even the music certificates may be relevant for some courses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PortiaLovesMcqueen)
    Hey

Just your A Level results are needed

xoxo
    I love you! In a non-creepy, entirely legit way...
    I was dreading having to fork out a stupid amount of money- money I DON'T HAVE, I'll add! - to get stupid certificates for grades I don't even want! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Trust Me all my freinds have applied to top 10 univerities this year and almost half have lost thier GCSE'S

A LEVEL RESULTS
    ACCEPTANCE LETTER
    STUDENT LOAN LETTER
    PASSPORT
    PASSPORT PHOOTO
    PROOF OF ADDRESS

YOUR GOOD!

ReputationRep:
    Trust Me all my freinds have applied to top 10 univerities this year and almost half have lost thier GCSE'S

A LEVEL RESULTS
    ACCEPTANCE LETTER
    STUDENT LOAN LETTER
    PASSPORT
    PASSPORT PHOOTO
    PROOF OF ADDRESS

YOUR GOOD!
    They may have done - but even if the uni doesn't want them at this stage (and some do, notwithstanding your friends' experience) you could need them for job applications later. The longer you leave it the more expensive and tiresome replacing the certificates becomes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minerva)
    They may have done - but even if the uni doesn't want them at this stage (and some do, notwithstanding your friends' experience) you could need them for job applications later. The longer you leave it the more expensive and tiresome replacing the certificates becomes.
    Most jobs ask for A Levels and a 2:1 Minimum and whatever the person got in English or Maths at GCSE. Not ALL of them.

If the OP doesn't have the money to get them at the moment she should be under no pressure. People who enrol students into university have common sense and it wouldn't be the first or last time a person has misplaced one or two GCSE certificates.

ReputationRep:
    Most jobs ask for A Levels and a 2:1 Minimum and whatever the person got in English or Maths at GCSE. Not ALL of them.

If the OP doesn't have the money to get them at the moment she should be under no pressure. People who enrol students into university have common sense and it wouldn't be the first or last time a person has misplaced one or two GCSE certificates.
    I'm sure it won't be. The fact of the matter is, you must be able - if asked to do so, at any time - to prove any claims you have made on your UCAS form or a job application. Unis may get more careful about this in future, when there is such pressure on places. Employers are also doing much more thorough checks than they used to.

The OP will have to make a judgement about what to do here, but if it were my call I'd say she should ensure that she has a complete set of certificates available.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.