Turn on thread page Beta

We thought it was over... but now I want him back! watch

I have been seeing this guy casually for about 10 months now as neither of us wanted a serious relationship for this time, but both really liked each other.

However, he's working where we live now whereas I was going a long way away for university and we had both agreed a while back that it would end when I left. When the time came, it was really hard to say goodbye (on my part) and I was so sad to be leaving.

Anyway, I realised that when I got to uni, I was doing the wrong course anyway and had been offered an internship back at home that I could do in a gap year and apply again. So I took that offer up.

Now I'm back home and I want to go back to the way things were, but its more difficult than I thought. I told him on FB chat that I was back in London but then had to go so didn't see if he replied. A few days later, I tried to be quite cool and give him a casual text about since I'm back because of change of plans, maybe we should go for a drink some time. It was acasual and light hearted, but he hasn't replied yet (I sent it last night).

I want to try again or maybe start over again with this because I really did like him, however its just so weird and awkward to do because we expected to break up when I left, which we did.

How do I handle this situation? I really don't want to just leave it and forget about him especially since I'm home now.

ReputationRep:
    You need to talk to him and communicate clearly exactly how you feel, but do it tactfully. In a nutshell, that's what has worked for me in the past. All the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have been seeing this guy casually for about 10 months now as neither of us wanted a serious relationship for this time, but both really liked each other.

However, he's working where we live now whereas I was going a long way away for university and we had both agreed a while back that it would end when I left. When the time came, it was really hard to say goodbye (on my part) and I was so sad to be leaving.

Anyway, I realised that when I got to uni, I was doing the wrong course anyway and had been offered an internship back at home that I could do in a gap year and apply again. So I took that offer up.

Now I'm back home and I want to go back to the way things were, but its more difficult than I thought. I told him on FB chat that I was back in London but then had to go so didn't see if he replied. A few days later, I tried to be quite cool and give him a casual text about since I'm back because of change of plans, maybe we should go for a drink some time. It was acasual and light hearted, but he hasn't replied yet (I sent it last night).

I want to try again or maybe start over again with this because I really did like him, however its just so weird and awkward to do because we expected to break up when I left, which we did.

How do I handle this situation? I really don't want to just leave it and forget about him especially since I'm home now.
    just need to talk to him. Good luck!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 2, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.