Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

I'm going to study law at uni, and I'd like to apply to KCL.
    My problem is that I still haven't done my lnat, but want to send my app off as soon as I can, so is it possible to send my ucas off, and then sit the LNAT, or do I need to sit the test first?

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    You can send it off, then sit the test :yep:

You just add your UCAS number onto the Pearson VUE profile bit, and it gets added on once you've sat it.

A more interesting question is, do you have to append the fact that you're sitting the LNAT to your UCAS? As I think it may put off non-LNAT unis from accepting you :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I've sent off my ucas form and haven't yet done my lnat, I also didn't make any mention of it on the ucas form.

neg rep?! errm...thanks whoever that's from

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for such a quick reply.

I'm not sure I hope not!
    All these admissions people and their little moody anti/pro LNAT ways are so difficult!

That has definitely got me thinking now!
    I'm hoping Manchester(they don't require LNAT) will accept me if KCL don't, but now that you've mentioned their decision might be affected by me doing LNAT, I'll be having second thoughts.. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AVE_)
    Thanks for such a quick reply.

I'm not sure I hope not!
    All these admissions people and their little moody anti/pro LNAT ways are so difficult!

That has definitely got me thinking now!
    I'm hoping Manchester(they don't require LNAT) will accept me if KCL don't, but now that you've mentioned their decision might be affected by me doing LNAT, I'll be having second thoughts.. lol
    I don't understand why a non-LNAT uni's decision on whether or not to make an offer to you would be affected by the fact that you are taking LNAT. There are lots of unis which don't think LNAT is useful in choosing between candidates, and so are anti it in that sense, but I can't imagine they would let it prejudice their decision on an individual candidate.
    Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Festina lente)
    I don't understand why a non-LNAT uni's decision on whether or not to make an offer to you would be affected by the fact that you are taking LNAT. There are lots of unis which don't think LNAT is useful in choosing between candidates, and so are anti it in that sense, but I can't imagine they would let it prejudice their decision on an individual candidate.
    Best of luck
    They probably wouldn't.

But I still wouldn't want to risk it.

Putting down that you're taking the LNAT demonstrates that you're applying to a high calibre of university anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mann18)
    They probably wouldn't.

But I still wouldn't want to risk it.

Putting down that you're taking the LNAT demonstrates that you're applying to a high calibre of university anyway.
    Ah fair enough. I was approaching it on the basis that those are the sorts of candidates other unis generally want too. Difficult to know whether it actually has to go on the UCAS form, doesn't really seem like a qualification!

ReputationRep:
    Ah fair enough. I was approaching it on the basis that those are the sorts of candidates other unis generally want too. Difficult to know whether it actually has to go on the UCAS form, doesn't really seem like a qualification!
    Obviously, you're right.

It's just I wouldn't want to be able to blame any rejections on anything other than my application, you know?

And it doesn't have to.

It's an entrance exam, not a qualification really, seeing as it doesn't stay with you after one year.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously, you're right.

It's just I wouldn't want to be able to blame any rejections on anything other than my application, you know?

And it doesn't have to.

It's an entrance exam, not a qualification really, seeing as it doesn't stay with you after one year.
    Ah, I get you :yep: - you're obviously very well organised!
    Good choice (and presentation) of options btw

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I get you :yep: - you're obviously very well organised!
    Good choice (and presentation) of options btw
    More experienced than well organised!

I'm reapplying, so I don't want to make any rookie mistakes.

Thank you, and am I right in thinking you're at Oxford studying Law?

ReputationRep:
    More experienced than well organised!

I'm reapplying, so I don't want to make any rookie mistakes.

Thank you, and am I right in thinking you're at Oxford studying Law?
    I've graduated Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I've graduated Good luck!
    You badass.

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    By the way a non LNAT uni doesn't know that you have taken the exam, sao it won't hinder w=your chances of getting into no-LNAT UNI's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dlaleye)
    By the way a non LNAT uni doesn't know that you have taken the exam, sao it won't hinder w=your chances of getting into no-LNAT UNI's
    If you put it on your UCAS they will.

ReputationRep:
    If you put it on your UCAS they will.
    What do you mean your personal statement - if you do that then they obviously will know then, but i don't think they will hold it against you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dlaleye)
    What do you mean your personal statement - if you do that then they obviously will know then, but i don't think they will hold it against you.
    No, you can add it under "qualifications."

ReputationRep:
    No, you can add it under "qualifications."
    OH i didnt know that **** - guess i'm wrong then :|

ReputationRep:
    sorry for this stupid q, but do I need to put it that I'm doing LNAT in the qualification section to the let the LNAT unis know that I'm going to sit it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AVE_)
    sorry for this stupid q, but do I need to put it that I'm doing LNAT in the qualification section to the let the LNAT unis know that I'm going to sit it?
    I'm not 100% sure, but the teacher at my school who deals with such things told me to put it on to make sure it was clear I was taking it. She didn't mention anything about it affecting the opinions of non-LNAT unis, but then again, she does help everyone so might not have much subject specific knowledge.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.