Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have just begun year 13 at sixth form. So that you get the bigger picture I got 3A 2B 4C GCSE grades and carried on at sixth form- A's English Literature, Geography and RE, B's ICT and English and C's Biology French, German and Maths. I ended up finishing year 12 with an A in Sociology and a D in English lang/lit AS. I had a hard time due to illness in year 12 so I ended up doing 2 and passing my Maths GCSE which was my 4th C. They were better results than I had been expecting as I have lost my confidence even though I really enjoy Sociology. So the A spurred me to do A2 and so now I am doing A2 Sociology and English and finishing RE AS in January. (I originally started it in year 12 but did not do the summer exam. I have also taken up AS Home Economics this year which is going great so far, English is also doing better and I am enjoying the classes so hopefully I can get a C overall .
    So I will finish year 13 with 2A2 and 2AS.

My main worry is that I do not know what I really want to do for the rest of my life. I actually got in to start a BTEC Childcare at the local college worth 3/3.5 A levels for this September but I declined when I got my results. The only thing I know is that I like helping young people and I have done a lot of volunteering in primary schools, at the salvation army and with the church. I know I will not be applying to Uni's for September 2011 but ultimately I would like to go in the near future.
    I was thinking I might do part time Psychology AS/A2 depending on the time at College but can I do a BTEC childcare aswell and will it take up so much time that I wont have any days to volunteer? I have heard from friends who have done BTEC's before that they only have to go to college like 3 days a week. I wouldn't mind taking 2 years out just so I can get into Uni.
    I was thinking about taking Spanish GCSE night classes with my cousin and equivalent to a GCSE in Sign Language so I would have 11 GCSE's
    Do you think if I had 2/3 A levels 2/3 AS and a BTEC at DDD grades worth 3.5 A levels I would get accepted into uni ???

I have really lost my confidence so any help/ advice is helpful
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    confused.com
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Have you considered being a social worker? I think you need to take a gap year and get some real world experience, find out what you really want to do etc.

ReputationRep:
    yes i have considered social work and I will be taking a gap year with some primary teaching an social work experience incorporated. I am not sure about all the courses and in retrospect since I wrote the above post it would be better to see what I get next summer and then decide if i need any additional qualifications.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.