Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deadlifts)
    I love all your posts :yes:
    Lol who doesn't. Btw that GIF in your sig is epic.

ReputationRep:
    Okaaay, I had no idea something like this was in place before, my physics teacher would always put his hand over mine when showing me an answer :eek3: Oh dear.

ReputationRep:
    All perverted teachers will love this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gandalf_is_a_girl)
    Hell no. Some teachers are pricks. I don't want to give them more Prick Power.
    More kids are pricks then teachers, and if you are not being a **** in the class, what is there to worry about?
    Plus with this "no touch" policy it means the teachers are powerless against kids as they can not remove them from the class. To remove this policy is a step in the right direction.

ReputationRep:
    I know for a fact Mr Dudley will love this.

******* pricks.

ReputationRep:
    I cba to read the whole thread, and I'm sure someone else has already pointed it out, but teachers are already allowed to restrain pupils, pretty much using any means necessary, if they are going to hurt themselves or others. The "no touch" thing is complete nonsense.

The fact that Michael Gove appears not to know this makes me question why he's doing this job even more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spetznaaz)
    The searching part is wrong and should not be allowed.

Being able to keep the little pricks in line with force is a very good thing though, but i doubt it allows much.
    I agree with this. It probably isn't in the teacher's best interest to search the child anyway as it could lead to all sorts of accusations. They should be able to restrain them though. So many times have I heard the 'you touch me and..' in my lessons where people give the teacher attitude for no good reason.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    I completely agree.

The problem at the moment is that kids don't see adults as authority. Probably stems from home but not always.
    exactly! and of course the government addressing the problem is going to make all the kids unhappy, but at the end of the day it'll mean better education because the kids will respect the adults more!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    I think it's too little too late. Look at the attitudes on display in this thread already, kids have no respect and this isn't going to change anything.
    We do have respect.
    We also have rights.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by BackDoorEntry)
    We do have respect.
    We also have rights.
    Not everyone has respect.
    The adults have rights too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teveth)
    Well done Gove. I think we should also look at bringing back the cane....and hanging. Not just for murderers, but for unruly school children too. Of course, as the compassionate Conservatives, children will be given at least 2 warnings before they are sentenced to death. Third strike and they're out. The children have nobody else to blame but themselves.
    You know, I used to think you were mental... Now I've come to the conclusion that you must be a troll, in which case I have to say - Good job sir

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Not everyone has respect.
    The adults have rights too.
    The person i quoted used quite a sweeping generalisation.
    The adults have the right to learn methods for class control and assert their authority without compromising rules, laws and guidelines!

ReputationRep:
    I don't see a problem.
    I think an awful lot of children should be able to be picked up by the teacher and thrown out of the class.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by BackDoorEntry)
    The person i quoted used quite a sweeping generalisation.
    The adults have the right to learn methods for class control and assert their authority without compromising rules, laws and guidelines!
    And would you say it is always possible to assert authority if you aren't allowed to touch pupils? Imagine someone is knocking over desks, hitting others, and you know your job could be on the line if you took their arm and dragged them away without hurting them...it's such a catch-22

ReputationRep:
    Well, as a trainee teacher, I think this is a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who doesn't think this is a good idea is a soppy liberal moron.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    And would you say it is always possible to assert authority if you aren't allowed to touch pupils? Imagine someone is knocking over desks, hitting others, and you know your job could be on the line if you took their arm and dragged them away without hurting them...it's such a catch-22
    From the journey I've had through the education system I've never seen anything that bad. And if something very bad did happen, parents will be told and the child gets punished.

I think more of a focus needs to be put on parents, some of who obviously don't give a crap how their child does at school, and therefore jeopardize the childs future.

I agree ok maybe implement it in primary school and nursery. High school and beyond should be a no no!

ReputationRep:
    I agree- the option should be there even if rarely used.

ReputationRep:
    So, teachers are allowed to touch us now, eh? That doesn't bode well for me, considering I go to a Catholic school...

ReputationRep:
    100% for it. If kids have a right not to be abused and harassed at school, then the same goes for teachers.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2011
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.