Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am currently studying in my first year at college and am doing the following subjects: Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Physics and Economics.

I really want to study Economics when I get into University, I have wanted this as of a young age. I would like to study within the top 5. However, the competition is so tense, and I would like some advise from those who are currently studying Economics at University to how I can get into Economics at University.

I know about the grade boundaries needed, and I beleive I can achieve this. But, what extra things hould I include in my personal statement or do which will give me an advantage in getting in over others?

(Sorry for my spellings if there are any)

ReputationRep:
    Post this in the Economics forum and you should get some good answers. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Edit: Just seen that you already have.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.