Turn on thread page Beta

Lying about age on phone contract watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by modgepodge)
    Can I just point out that failing lots of credit checks (or even just applying for lots of credit things in a short space of time) will ruin your credit rating. I suggest you stop right now! Otherwise you may find it hard to get e.g. a mortgage in the future. I know that probably seems like a minor conern at the moment but it may come back to bite you.

He has a point re: expensive phones though. I got a nokia 5800 (I think) in may last year, by may this year it had broken but they won't repair it or give me a new one so i'm using an old phone, and paying £25 per month for the privilage.
    Yeah I know, that's another reason why I stopped applying for phone contracts. I only applied for, like, four over the course of three months.

ReputationRep:
    I tried to do this once- I put my date of birth a year before it is. You fail the credit check, but it shouldn't affect your credit rating; it's not you that fails it, because the details are not a real person. My credit rating is perfectly fine since then, o2 simply never processed the transaction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Who'd_Have_Known)
    I tried to do this once- I put my date of birth a year before it is. You fail the credit check, but it shouldn't affect your credit rating; it's not you that fails it, because the details are not a real person. My credit rating is perfectly fine since then, o2 simply never processed the transaction.
    This is a really good point. Because identity had not been confirmed, there is no credit rating to affect. It's a safeguard to make sure that people can't just go round crapping up people's credit ratings by just making hundreds of failed applications for credit.

Only when the applicant's identity has been verified will the credit rating agency assess the person's credit-worthiness and only then will the application for credit will be recorded on their personal credit record, whether successful or not.

ReputationRep:
    You can get it on someone elses name thats over 18, then transfer it to your name when your 18. The bank account name has to be the same as the name on the contract.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.