Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I can't wear HEELS !! :( watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys
    I can't wear heels... I can just about do wedges, but whenever I'm on a night out with the girls I'm always the only one still stuck in my pumps. I feel like I'm the only one left who still can't walk in them! And I'm not even exaggerating - I just don't know how to walk normally in heels!
    Any advice? Anyone in the same situation? How did you girls get used to dancing and walking about in heels?

ReputationRep:
    Then dont wear them?

Seriously where the flying **** has common sense gone? why is there such stupid silly complaints everywhere?

you cant do heels = don't do heels... there is no place and time where not wearing heels would cause you problems... like no where.

My advice is: do not wear them if you can't... you're likely to damage your back/feet if you force it on yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Practise!
    Start with small ones and wear them around the house at first. You have to walk quite tall in heels, get a little speed up and swing your hips more than you normally would.

Start off with one inch heels. Then after a few weeks get 2 inch heels and so on

ReputationRep:
    I can't wear heels either. My feet are in agony after about 5 minutes of walking in them. You aren't alone.

ReputationRep:
    Get some little ones then work your way up! Lol, it takes practice. I suggest you have at look at dorothy perkins they have laaavley shoes there

ReputationRep:
    The more support they have across the front of the foot, the easier they are to walk in. Heels like these for example:

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...0&tx=113&ty=41

...are like trainers to walk in. Seriously. With shoes like these I have no discomfort at all. Plus, with the right outfit they look awesome!

EDIT: Just realised that for a heel virgin those shoes look like monsters. Same applies to:

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...w=1899&bih=871 for example.

ReputationRep:
    Start out with really low heels! They're easy to walk in and by the end of your night your feet won't be crippled in pain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xx glitterpixie xx)
    Hey guys
    I can't wear heels... I can just about do wedges, but whenever I'm on a night out with the girls I'm always the only one still stuck in my pumps. I feel like I'm the only one left who still can't walk in them! And I'm not even exaggerating - I just don't know how to walk normally in heels!
    Any advice? Anyone in the same situation? How did you girls get used to dancing and walking about in heels?
    I learnt to ballroom dance growing up so I got used to them gradually.

Start with small heels and work your way up.
    Don't try and learn in very thin heels - get used to walking in some chunkier heels first.
    Keep your abs pulled in.
    Keep your weight a little further forward (i.e over your toes) than you normally would.
    Take smaller steps - you can't stride out in them like you can in trainers, especially if they're very high (although your stride will lengthen as you get used to them).
    Build up your endurance slowly
    Party feet gel pads are your best friends on nights out.

ReputationRep:
    omg me too!

ReputationRep:
    Ha this was me not so long ago,... practice wearing small heels first, and wear them around the house too.
    I can wear the ones with straps around the ankle with no problems, but the ones with no support :rolleyes:
    I wear them inside first before going out, especially if its a new pair.

ReputationRep:
    I can't wear them either. I wear smart-ish trainers most of the time now, so not only can I not wear heels, but I find ballet pumps immensely difficult to keep on and walk in too.

I do own some heeled shoes, but I only ever buy ones with fairly chunky/cuban heels which are slightly easier. I can't even stand still in stillettos without falling flat on my face. So you're not alone!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys
    You should have learnt how to walk in heels when you wear 15.............good going.

EDIT: And which genius thinks this is trolling? What else were you doing at 15? Hiding away from men and not dealing with being feminine because it is hard and you might fail at it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kim1234567)
    The more support they have across the front of the foot, the easier they are to walk in. Heels like these for example:

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...0&tx=113&ty=41

...are like trainers to walk in. Seriously. With shoes like these I have no discomfort at all. Plus, with the right outfit they look awesome!

EDIT: Just realised that for a heel virgin those shoes look like monsters. Same applies to:

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...w=1899&bih=871 for example.
    Agreed, I always used to be in agony in heels and then i bought these
    http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/s...heel_198627201
    which are so easy to walk in!

ReputationRep:
    buy some nice strappy ones which are kindof supportive and your feet don't slip out! or go for shoe boot heels as they are easier to walk in. also check the heel, the bigger it is, the easier they are to walk in! and also, practice when you're at home!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys
    Its up to you, Don't wear heels if you don't like them or its hurting you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)
    You should have learnt how to walk in heels when you wear 15.............good going.
    Why don't you try it sometime? Idiot :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyJ)
    Why don't you try it sometime? Idiot :rolleyes:
    Or do some exercise and get your calf muscles and balance up to scratch.

ReputationRep:
    Le me join the club, I cant do heels either I wear them alright but after a couple of hours, my feet hurt like hell! And then I hobble like a hobbit

Don't go for stilettos if you cant deal with heels. Start with lower heeled ones and then go on to low stilettos. Maybe it has something to do wih height/weight and shoesize? Because I'm a size 5, a size 12/14 dress size and I'm quite short. Maybe it's just the body....

I hate not being able to wear heels well though

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, I can't really do heels.
    It's not that I can't walk in them, it's just that I don't think I look right in them.

And as I'm the shortest in my group, it can be quite embarrassing when your already tall friends are towering over you in heels.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.