Turn on thread page Beta

What to wear to work exp. in a hospital...? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I have some work experience in a minor injuries unit in half term, and I'm just wondering what I should be wearing... I will obviously have the black trousers and smart (but comfy ) shoes... but do I need to be wearing shirts everyday?? I dont really want to go out and spend money on shirts that I wont wear that much... Is it okay to wear a plain top with a cardigan... or a v-neck jumper etc. ? Or is that not smart enough...??

Thankies

ReputationRep:
    Wear whatever top you want

ReputationRep:
    Go on your first day playing it safe with a shirt. Then see what other people are wearing and dress accordingly.

ReputationRep:
    Women tend to have more freedom than males in terms of hospital clothing. Smart trousers and a clean simple top of some sort is fine. As above, play it safe and go smart on your first day. Just make sure you have bare elbows, lest you be cornered by an angry nurse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Svenjamin)
    Go on your first day playing it safe with a shirt. Then see what other people are wearing and dress accordingly.
    This is what I'm going to do - I start my first work experience in a hosp lab on Tuesday. I'm wearing suit trousers with a shirt to start, then I'll see what everyone else has after that. I have plain white/black 3/4 length sleeve or T-shirts with a black cardigan if I don't need a shirt and a black v-neck jumper type thing for over a shirt if it gets really cold. I'd probably just stick in a shirt though.

ReputationRep:
    For my work exp I wore a short sleeved shirt and tie, and trousers.
    Just make sure you're wearing short sleeved stuff, and look remotely smart! You'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    I wore knee length skirts and pretty tops/cardigans

ReputationRep:
    Think of what the women wear in Holby City/Casualty :top:

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.