Turn on thread page Beta

Why I think creationism isn't true... watch

ReputationRep:
    Graham Norton!

ReputationRep:
    Just like to argue a certain point you made about the human body being bland. It only seems that way because you're used to seeing it. I mean we have nails which are pretty epic and few other animals have. We have quite large penis's relative to our body sizes compared to other animals. Have you seen the way hair grows on our body. Isn't it fascinating how we don't grow our own coat of fur but only hair in certain small areas? Not to mention animals that do grow hair usually have it in all the right places from birth. But we usually have to wait till puberty to get all our hair.

I think saying the human body is bland is incredibly stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebecca_george)
    If you have this view you do not understand evolution well enough.
    And why's that? I'm fairly confident (at the risk of sounding up myself, but it's worth saying) that most people doing my course have a reasonably good understanding of evolution.

*Prepares to be patronised*

(And, dare I say it, it is generally the case that those you espouse your view do not understand theology well enough. To which they would normally retort, of course, that theology is not a real subject to be understood. Which only goes to show how little they understand it, particularly to those theologians who are, in fact, atheists).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panthea)
    I'm an atheist, and an evolutionist. Far from seeming improbable, the theory of evolution makes so much sense to me, whereas creationism just seems utterly bonkers.

Let's face it, if God created man in his image, then what a shame! Humans are a bit bland, really, aren't we? Don't get me wrong, the human body is amazing...but we don't have any bright colours, decorative horns, tails or anything interesting. God could have been a bit more imaginative couldn't he? But wait...we are the way we are because we evolved to suit our environment. Ah, that makes sense.

Also, if you created the human body (or any organism, but let's stick with humans for now), why would you not make the parts replacable or able to regenerate? Wouldn't it be great to be able to re-grow a limb, an eye, a hand or even a big toe if you lost it in an accident or to disease? That would be a much better design if you ask me. Personally I would also design humans to have tails - how cool would that be?! Mine would be prehensile so I could hold stuff while I typed/wrote/played Scrabble etc. Brilliant! :yep:

I'm sure I'm going to enrage the creationists among you, but really this was a fun look at why creationism just doesn't work for me. Would you care to throw in your ideas? How would you have designed the human body if you were the great creator?
    :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Panthea, beware.

People are going to be attending this thread and quote bible passages and give you stories of 'The Fall' and 'Devil' and the afterlife and how much they know why God did this and did that etc....:rolleyes:

IGH:

Have a fun party....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bilco)
    Any argument that can be twisted and shaped to suit your point of view is not an argument.
    I'm not hugely confident I made any arguments, but I admit it's quite difficult to see what your point is.

ReputationRep:
    I would of given myself a 12" penis and the ability to give women orgasms just by touching them.

ReputationRep:
    I'm an atheist, and an evolutionist. Far from seeming improbable, the theory of evolution makes so much sense to me, whereas creationism just seems utterly bonkers.

Let's face it, if God created man in his image, then what a shame! Humans are a bit bland, really, aren't we? Don't get me wrong, the human body is amazing...but we don't have any bright colours, decorative horns, tails or anything interesting. God could have been a bit more imaginative couldn't he? But wait...we are the way we are because we evolved to suit our environment. Ah, that makes sense.

Also, if you created the human body (or any organism, but let's stick with humans for now), why would you not make the parts replacable or able to regenerate? Wouldn't it be great to be able to re-grow a limb, an eye, a hand or even a big toe if you lost it in an accident or to disease? That would be a much better design if you ask me. Personally I would also design humans to have tails - how cool would that be?! Mine would be prehensile so I could hold stuff while I typed/wrote/played Scrabble etc. Brilliant! :yep:

I'm sure I'm going to enrage the creationists among you, but really this was a fun look at why creationism just doesn't work for me. Would you care to throw in your ideas? How would you have designed the human body if you were the great creator?
    How many times have you seen AVATAR?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fat-Love)
    I think saying the human body is bland is incredibly stupid.
    But I also said the human body is amazing. I agree with what you say - I just think it would be fun to jazz it up a little

ReputationRep:

OP your two arguments that you raise to show creationism as 'utter bonkers' are pathetic, if I'm honest.

ReputationRep:
    See this entire series:

ReputationRep:
    This is one of the more amusing threads I've seen recently....

ReputationRep:
    There's thousands of flaws in the creationist argument, It's almost embarrassing. Or at least if we assume the Bible-based creationist story. We might have been created, but it almost certainly wasn't from any modern religious God.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.