Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Would you use sex in order to succeed if it didn't affect anybody but still 'immoral' watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MovingOn)
    Because I'd rather use my brain to succeed in life than my pussy, I guess it depends on what your morals and beliefs are, and this suggestion just doesn't sit well with mine.
    What difference does it make if it's your brain or your pussy? And what does it have to do with morals?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Scout.)
    No, not something I'd regret doing at all, I just hope its nothing I would ever have to realistically consider, hence the sigh. Hopefully I'll be able to acheive what I want to do because of my own talents (not sexual ones!) and not acheive them falsely through sleeping with someone with power.
    What the use of 'talents' if they don't get you anywhere, surely that's the whole point of them. If you can sleep yourself into a successful and happy life then what's the problem? You are simply using every method available to you to make the best of everything.

ReputationRep:
    I would for the job and the Oxford place. Definitely not for the driving test, if I'd failed I could just have taken it again. Dunno about the A*s at A-Level, I like to think I'll do pretty well under my own power, plus assuming that sleeping with the Oxford guy got me an unconditional I wouldn't really need grades anyway.

Depends on my situation I guess

ReputationRep:
    No because I have self-respect and morals.

ReputationRep:
    I'd do it... you only live once.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C_B_C)
    I'd do it... you only live once.
    You ever shot a granny? You only live once...

P.S. DON'T shoot a granny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishbel)
    I would for the job and the Oxford place. Definitely not for the driving test, if I'd failed I could just have taken it again. Dunno about the A*s at A-Level, I like to think I'll do pretty well under my own power, plus assuming that sleeping with the Oxford guy got me an unconditional I wouldn't really need grades anyway.
    That seems rather... selfish, doesn't it?

ReputationRep:
    How they looked would definetly factor in, but by gut-feeling, yes I would.

ReputationRep:
    If it wasn't for the fact that I don't believe in sex outside marriage and only want to sleep with whoever I marry, hell yeah - if someone was fit (or decent-looking and in a position of authority :p:) and could get me where I wanted to go, I would!

ReputationRep:
    1) Admissions into Oxbridge for your 'dream' course - sleep with admissions tutor. No, i have no desire to go to oxbridge, i'm more than happy with my 2ii.

2) Pass your driving test - sleep with driving test examiner. Possibly, but only cos i have already failed one test and have had to give up my current instructor cos have moved house and just being able to drive would make life so much easier.

3) A*A*A* at A-level - sleep with OCR examiner. If i had got all A's at A level i would now have been on course that by my second year i would have realised is pointless.

4) Achieve your 'dream' job - sleep with employer.That would depend on what the job was and if my colleagues were to find out i had slept with the boss in order to get it.

5) Would you still sleep with the person and achieve your goal, this time, if it affected others i.e. in the Oxford example 159 places were left, etc? That again would depend on how it affected others, if it would cause a big problem for other people for example one job place and there was person better suited to the job than me who needed/wanted it more than me then i would probably not do it.

BTW all this would depend on having my boyfriends permission.

ReputationRep:
    But it would necessarily affect others (unless we can all 'succeed'), since by ******* one's place into a job, for example, one is doing the other well-qualified applicants out of a job that they might well have otherwise been offered. (Technically, it's zero-sum.)

ReputationRep:
    And who says the person you're sleeping with isn't sexually attractive? Yes I would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nayred)
    And who says the person you're sleeping with isn't sexually attractive? Yes I would.
    From my OP:

So TSR, be honest, would you have sex with somebody you had no love, affection, lust even, they were old, wrinkly and desperate, just to succeed? If so, please name the events or state using the examples above.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefan1991)
    What difference does it make if it's your brain or your pussy? And what does it have to do with morals?
    Isn't that the exact same attitude a prostitute would take?

There's your answer.

ReputationRep:
    No- it goes against everything I believe about sex. My body's not for sale thanx.

ReputationRep:
    Aren't you the person that started that BJ thread? xD Not saying - just wondering. All your thread's are sex related. XD

I think I wouldn't sleep around to achieve something because I like to feel as though I earned it. Having said that with today's job market - that is probably never going to happen. xD I could possibly though.

ReputationRep:
    I think this sort of thing applies much more to females. But If I was a girl and this sort of situation came about.....a big part of me thinks I honestly would. You play the cards you're dealt, if you're dealt with attractiveness, use it.

ReputationRep:
    To get ahead id do it and i wouldnt care if it did screw someone over. If im unemployed my principles or caring about someone else arent going to get my bills paid or my dog fed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missygeorgia)
    No- it goes against everything I believe about sex. My body's not for sale thanx.
    dont be too sure the interesting thing about principles is everyones got a price.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.