Turn on thread page Beta

The Royal Exchange theatre, Manchester watch

ReputationRep:
    Anyone ever been?
    It's one of the few 'theatres in the round' and such a spectacular theatre and the standard of shows is amazing (all of which has nothing to do with me having some behind the scenes work experience there or getting on the guest list and seeing 5 free shows of course :p: ).

ReputationRep:
    Yes! It's pretty cool :sexface: Also they used to have a day every week where if you phoned up before 11am or something (maybe a Monday) and you were a student they had 50 free tickets to give away or something :ninja:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm a fan of the REX :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm on the guest list too I love the RE, I wasn't overwhelmed by their current production of Doctor Faustus but still have high hopes for the rest of the season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morematterlessartx)
    I'm on the guest list too I love the RE, I wasn't overwhelmed by their current production of Doctor Faustus but still have high hopes for the rest of the season.
    Ooh cool! Really?:eek: I wasn't interested at first because I didn't realise it was a Shakesphere-style play but then I quite got into it - the chorus and the 7 deadly sins were amazing! :yep:
    Have you booked for all your shows yet? I have, apart from Mogadishu (?)
    Looking forward to the Lady from the Sea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deadlypepperpot)
    Ooh cool! Really?:eek: I wasn't interested at first because I didn't realise it was a Shakesphere-style play but then I quite got into it - the chorus and the 7 deadly sins were amazing! :yep:
    Have you booked for all your shows yet? I have, apart from Mogadishu (?)
    Looking forward to the Lady from the Sea
    Visually, I thought it was fantastic, and I agree the chorus was brilliant (kudos to the man met acting students ) but having never seen a play by Marlowe before I was disappointed. I felt that compared with Shakespeare, his characters were not as well developed- it felt as though often with Faustus he would simply say clever things, but that the psychological aspects of his character were not fully explored. Which I guess just meant I found it less engaging than I expected. Nooo I haven't booked anything yet! I really should get a move on, yes same- I'm really looking forward to the Lady from the Sea. Also excited for The Bacchae, I studied it last year. Its a new version apparently, which should be interesting

ReputationRep:
    Visually, I thought it was fantastic, and I agree the chorus was brilliant (kudos to the man met acting students ) but having never seen a play by Marlowe before I was disappointed. I felt that compared with Shakespeare, his characters were not as well developed- it felt as though often with Faustus he would simply say clever things, but that the psychological aspects of his character were not fully explored. Which I guess just meant I found it less engaging than I expected. Nooo I haven't booked anything yet! I really should get a move on, yes same- I'm really looking forward to the Lady from the Sea. Also excited for The Bacchae, I studied it last year. Its a new version apparently, which should be interesting
    Yes, I see what you mean... I was left feeling a bit confused because several aspects of the play weren't explained fully enough, but I'm sure if I studied it or paid more attention I'd get it more :yep:
    Yeah you probably should if you want good seats!
    I'm seeing it in a week and 2 days :woo: And I already know one of the actresses was in Doctor Who so I won't be spending the entire play wondering where I've seen her before I'm quite excited for that one too and apparantly there's going to be virtually naked people in it :eek4:

I've only been once. Worst Shakespeare I have ever seen and I couldn't even leave because I was stuck in the middle of a row It's quite a nice theatre but not my favourite.

ReputationRep:
    I saw this too. Wasn't it long? We went with English Lit, and our teacher told the coach driver we'd be out by half nine (it was nearly eleven when it actually finished... :lolwut:)

ReputationRep:
    Saw the Lady from the Sea last night and wasn't too impressed. I think I was waiting for the story to 'kick off' but it didn't seem to Still, I loved the comedy bits in it and am really looking forward to the Baachae

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.