Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What the hell happened to Relationships watch

ReputationRep:
    This rant is kind of inspired by this thread - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1425795 and others I've seen recently.

What ever happened to relationships, at Univerisity, with me and my mates and even on the threads on TSR (mainly the ***** PUA ones), I notice that people (men and women) seem set on having one night stands or going out and getting laid, yet few people are interested in having a relationship with a partner.
    Maybe I'm just old (I'm 19) and boring but, I prefer having sex with a girl I'm going out with to One Night Stands. Also, it seems that the majority of people in relationships actually started from one night stands.

So what do you peeps prefer, getting laid or actual relationships? Obviously I'm generalising but, it seems like there's been a shift in culture over the past few years (which has happened) especially with sexual relationships.

ReputationRep:
    Idk, we should ask this guy:

http://chzupnextinsports.files.wordp...ods-do-it1.jpg

:awesome:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I know I would rather have the stable relationship im with my beautiful gf that gives me sex on tap rather than to have to go out everynight and having meaningless one night stands hunting for pussy as some of the cretins on this forum call it

ReputationRep:
    Now I prefer sex in a relationship, but casual sex has worked well for me in the past. It just depends what you are looking for, have time for and prefer at that specific point in your life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    I know I would rather have the stable relationship im with my beautiful gf that gives me sex on tap rather than to have to go out everynight and having meaningless one night stands hunting for pussy as some of the cretins on this forum call it
    Exactly what I was thinking, yet there are many peeps both on and off this forum who hunt for pussy or go out for ****

ReputationRep:
    Relationship, definately.

ReputationRep:
    I sorta feel a bit too young for a relationship, I've just sort of come out of a 1.5 year one and while the honeymoon period was amazing and perfect, when it became something like marriage I just felt like I was... missing out.

I'm not a one-night-stand kinda girl, one of my favourite things about sex is the buildup of tension beforehand My favourite sex is early-days sex - whether early days of a relationship, or someone you've been friends with for ages, or someone you're just seeing - where everything's a novelty and you can't get enough of each other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elixira)
    I sorta feel a bit too young for a relationship, I've just sort of come out of a 1.5 year one and while the honeymoon period was amazing and perfect, when it became something like marriage I just felt like I was... missing out.

I'm not a one-night-stand kinda girl, one of my favourite things about sex is the buildup of tension beforehand My favourite sex is early-days sex - whether early days of a relationship, or someone you've been friends with for ages, or someone you're just seeing - where everything's a novelty and you can't get enough of each other.
    Nice, I see you live in Brizzle. Hello my name is Alex

ReputationRep:
    I honestly couldn't give two ***** what other people do in bed and who with.

I'm happy in my relationship

ReputationRep:
    I'm with you on this one:yes:

ReputationRep:
    I totally understand. Meanwhile the chase and the novelty of a one night stand is appealing, surely sex with someone that knows exactly how to please you in the way you like it whenever you want it, is even more so?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elixira)

Exactly this. You took the words straight out of my mouth.

ReputationRep:
    Lots of people want relationships fool.

ReputationRep:
    I am in a relationship, for 3 years :fyi: I love it
    I wouldn't know if I was a one night kind of stand girl though since I've been with him since I was 15

ReputationRep:
    People analyse this sort of thing for far more than it's worth...
    Just do what you feel like doing, and what you feel is right.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter all that much.

ReputationRep:
    Now I agree with you in the personal case as I think sex in a relationship is vastly more fulfilling, but I don't think that means I need to get angry at everyone who believes something different and wants sex more casually.

ReputationRep:
    Sex in a relationship is typically much better (and indeed the majority of people who might be deemed 'good in bed' have probably had at least one long-term partner), but I certainly wouldn't begrudge others an alternative preference.

ReputationRep:
    Of course people would prefer sex in a relationship, that's a given. But IMO if you're not in a relationship, there's nothing wrong with having a ONS or whatever if you want sex.

Relationships are better than one night stands

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deadlifts)
    Maybe I'm just old (I'm 19) and boring but, I prefer being in a sex with a girl I'm going out with to One Night Stands. Also, it seems that the majority of people in relationships actually started from one night stands.
    Got something else on the brain by any chance? :p:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 4, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.