Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey people, im in year 13 and wanting to study biomedical science. Ive got the grades in AS for everything (ABB) I really want to get into KCL and im wondering how tough it is.
    For someone who hasn't been to a summer biology camp or had work experience in a hospital, how tough do you think it will be for me to get in?
    Ive done some decent things such as work experience at a pharmacy, volunteer work, part of many clubs ect and more good stuff.
    Anyone been accepted/given an offer in the past without doing anything super ultra special??

thanks.

ReputationRep:
    lol summer biology camp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FallOnDeathsEars)
    lol summer biology camp
    lol I cant recall a proper name for it but like going to a research institute for like 2 weeks sorta stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I highly doubt it, if you meet the grades and show a strong interest in the subject you stand a good chance. Going to a research institute or whatever isn't going to make you stand out anymore than your work in a Pharmacy or other work experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FallOnDeathsEars)
    I highly doubt it, if you meet the grades and show a strong interest in the subject you stand a good chance. Going to a research institute or whatever isn't going to make you stand out anymore than your work in a Pharmacy or other work experience.
    Thanks for that. I do purely want to study biomedical science, if I wasnt I would be applying for dentistry to get more money.
    thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kbountra)
    Just to let you know that KCL want AAB for biomedical science but that shouldn't affect you too much.
    Uh oh when did this happen?!?! It was ABB a couple of days ago!!
    Drats looks like ive gotta work overtime to get that extra A.
    thanks for pointing that out

ReputationRep:
    Just to let you know that KCL want AAB for biomedical science but that shouldn't affect you too much.
    http://search.ucas.com/cgi-bin/hsrun...n=1038348#ER-A

Ucas say ABB
    KCL website says AAB
    im hoping its a mistake on the KCL website (unless UCAS havent updated yet?!?!)

ReputationRep:
    Yes I was a bit surprised too when I saw that the grades had gone up to AAB- it is the same for my course (biochemistry) so maybe they just haven't updated it yet on ucas.
    Ive got to really ace these january exams coming up then, gotta get that other A.
    Why did it have to change

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 2, 2010
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.