The Student Room Group

Waterstones question (yes, another Waterstones thread)

Hello,

I plan to apply to Waterstones as there are available vacancies. The one I would want is the 6 hours Sat + 6 hours Sun, however is it possible to write anywhere in the application that i'm only in uni 3 days a week (and half days at that) and can be available if needed during the week? There are a few 20 hour week positions available which i'm very tempted by but it could clash with a lecture, and it says you must be flexible.

Also, if I apply to say, the 12 hours (Sat/Sun) position, does that mean if I don't get that one they will consider me for a similar weekend position (4 hours Sun / 6 hours Sat) or do I need to apply for all the positions that are suitable (that probably makes no sense) So basically if I just fill out one application form for the 12 hour position does that me applicable for the 10 hour position which is also weekends, or do I need to fill out an application form for all the weekend positions.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
Are they all listed under the same role or are they separate?
I applied for one yesterday which had similar hours to what you're talking about but it was all listed together so there wasn't actually an opportunity to say which I was wanting to apply for.
Reply 2
No they're all listed seperately, I was just wondering whether I should apply and fill out the form for all the weekend positions or whether I should just apply for the 12 hour shift.
Reply 3
Thalin
No they're all listed seperately, I was just wondering whether I should apply and fill out the form for all the weekend positions or whether I should just apply for the 12 hour shift.

I'd just apply for the 12 hour then. If you impress them they'll be likely to consider you for other jobs (or at least some companies do)
Reply 4
Well it looks like they've taken the vacancy I applied for, and the vacancy I was thinking about applying to as a backup down. Fingers crossed.

Latest

Trending

Trending