Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katiebabes:))
    I chose Roehampton over other uni's because of its excellent reputation from the course and when I went and visited I fell in love with the campus straight away! It is more expensive living in London travelling, nights out, entertainment (like going to the cinemea) are much more expensive however you do get a bigger student loan which accounts for this. The course is great, the lectures are two hours long and the groups are quite small with about 30 per class. One thing I would say is the course is intense, it can be difficult watching everyone from other courses go out and you can't because of the workload. There is a Christian Union, there are lots of members and they go on trips often for example they went camping a couple of weeks ago. If there is anything else you would like to know just ask! One thing I would say is try and visit at some point because the university is small in comparison to others and isn't for everyone!
    Hope this helps!
    Thank you so much.. You've answered all my questions! I'm gonna look into it more now..

Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me why Roehampton is so great? SO many people are choosing it but I can't see why? I've read loads of reviews saying it wasn't great..

ReputationRep:
    I ended up applying to Nottingham trent uni, Sheffield hallam, Leeds met, Edge hill uni and Derby x

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me why Roehampton is so great? SO many people are choosing it but I can't see why? I've read loads of reviews saying it wasn't great..

Hey,
    I'm in my second year at Roehampton Uni doing Primary education. Different Uni's suit different people because they're all good in different ways but I chose Roehampton because it's a beautiful campus University-everything's in one place, relatively small so friendly atmosphere, in London so great city life and has an excellent reputation for teacher training-has been a teacher training college for over 100 years. A friend recommended I go to the open day a few years ago and after about half an hour, I was completely set on coming here. Good luck wherever you decide to go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RUAmbassador)

Hey,
    I'm in my second year at Roehampton Uni doing Primary education. Different Uni's suit different people because they're all good in different ways but I chose Roehampton because it's a beautiful campus University-everything's in one place, relatively small so friendly atmosphere, in London so great city life and has an excellent reputation for teacher training-has been a teacher training college for over 100 years. A friend recommended I go to the open day a few years ago and after about half an hour, I was completely set on coming here. Good luck wherever you decide to go!
    We heard a rumour over at kingston that roehampton couldnt get school placements for all their students? true?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't hear of anyone not getting placed at all but some people got placed late this year due to the lack of placements which was pretty frustrating and mixed up the term a bit. They're changing the whole system next year because if it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to do primary teaching at Winchester and Chichester - they're both nice universities

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Have you tried Northumbria University for Primary Teaching?

The course is three years long which means you qualify quicker compared to other courses and you save moeny via student finance, loans, parents money, your money etc .. On average about £7,000 the time you take into considerate your spending, accommodation, transport, food.

The course also have a large amount of placement opportunities and combines a Primary Teaching course with QTS - QUALIFIED TEACHING STATUS.

Modules include; your Key Stage 1+2 , child protection, advance early years, child development etc ..

The course is an early years study but this does not mean you will only be qualified to teach early years, as during your placements you will gain experience in all age ranges,.

If you need any help, feel free to visit the Northumbria website or add out Northumbria friends on facebook for more help. Daniel Northumbria for this school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louiseyeah)
    I ended up applying to Nottingham trent uni, Sheffield hallam, Leeds met, Edge hill uni and Derby x
    Hey, I've also applied to Derby, Notts Trent and Leeds Met!

Have you heard anything back from them? When you did you send your UCAS off?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.